Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Senior

A senior....I have a SENIOR this year. So hard to believe....it just doesn't seem like it's been that long....how did this child grow up so fast on me. He's a little freaked too, I can tell. The decisions that we expect our children to know and do at such a young age are amazing....this child has no more of an idea of what he wants to do when he grows up, then I did at his age.....I was 34 before I figured it out, LOL! He's ready to be through with school and start his life.....he has a mama who has groomed him to fly and be....he's very grounded within himself....he wants experiences....I understand that, we have the same gypsy gene...and I want for him all the experiences life can offer him at this age...but I realize he'll go on his own to do them....and leave me behind...it's bittersweet....this one year is what I have left....and then....he'll fly with my blessing that whatever he finds...he'll soar with it....
and send me lots of pictures...

2 comments:

Angie's Spot said...

I'm teary-eyed! It's so hard to believe that he's all grown up. This last year will be fabulous and I can't wait to hear about all the great things he has in his future!

Andrea said...

Blessings and prayers along the new journey. My youngest is now 19 years old. It's kind of like having the happiest and saddest days all neatly wrapped into one. You want them to soar, yet you fear for them! More Mommie moments, tears, and prayers:)

Blessings,
andrea