Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Soup Love

Here in the "snowy south", I love to have soup on the stove for dinner. This is one of my faves and so easy. Now I am not one of those cooks who can follow directions...I always have to tweak it, even just a little. This is a Creamy Corn Chowder mix by Homemade Gourmet. I use it as my base for Potato Corn Chowder. It's this easy:

The creamy corn chowder mix
2 cans cream style corn
2 cups water
2 cups milk
1 cup chopped ham or use crumbled bacon
half bag of frozen hash browns
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
optional; 1 cup frozen seasoning blend (onions, peppers, celery chopped)

Throw all of it together in the pot, bring to a boil, turn down and simmer 20-30 minutes, stirring often.

It's a hit!

2 comments:

lailani said...

That sounds delish!! We are about to dig into some South Of The Border Soup. It is amazing how cold and how long the cold has lasted here. Definitely soup weather. Stay warm!

Angie's Spot said...

That sounds so yummy! With all this precipitation that we've had this week, I might just have to make my potato soup.