Monday, March 29, 2010

Table Topics Tuesdays

It's that time of the week again and boy has Shannon got a good one for us:

what three celebrities would you invite to dinner?


She did leave living or dead up to us who join her Table Topics Tuesday over at Welcome To The Nuthouse.

OK this one I gave a lot of thought... my first inclination was: Betty Davis, I've always been told I have Betty Davis eyes...yes now you hear the song, Katherine Hepburn a woman after my own independent heart, and Lauren Bacall another smokin' woman ahead of her time and gotta love her voice. But then when I really thought of who I would like to sit down with and talk, that had relevance for my life...I had to turn to musicians, ones I really felt I could connect with and talk with, about what is going on right now and what has gone on before ... so my 3 are:
Toby Mac...anyone who knows me could have guessed this one, would love to be in the presence of his energy!
Steve Perry....I HEART him...big time...of the music I listened to while growing in my decisive years of 20's and 30's, his music touched my inner core...I FEEL his music, then and now...and man that voice...I feel the tears coming on...if you want to hear what I mean, go to Youtube and pull up Journey's When You Love A Woman, but make sure it's with Steve Perry.
John Cooper of Skillet...as a pure rocker, I appreciate what this man can do with his music. I also appreciate the time and care he takes with his audience. He is REAL. And in this day and time...no one rocks it better!!


So there you have it...and believe me if I ever get the chance to talk to any of these guys...you'll hear about it!!


Join us at Shannon's every Tuesday!


11 comments:

Heckety said...

You grew up in the '20s and '30s? As in flapper girls and jazz and all?
Wow! Lookin' good Babe!

Andrea said...

Hope you are having a great day.
Hugs,
andrea

Shannon said...

I don't think these guys would be able to eat anything at your dinner... they'd be too busy singing to you, right? ;)

CaraBee said...

Its so interesting to me how the celebrities we pick relate to our personalities. I love Steve Perry. He's just plain cool.

Melissa said...

Look at you going all musical! I would love to sit down with all musicians. One would be John Mayer, just so I could ask him why he is such a butthead? I love his voice and his song Daughters struck a huge chord with me, but I can't get over his jerkiness.
Another would be Michael Buble, who is on my list. He is just such a beautiful man with a beautiful voice.
The last musician would be the lead singer of Casting Crowns, Mark Hall. The man is a truly annointed writer. I would just love to sit and chat.

Heart2Heart said...

Jane,

I can see that music has a very strong influence in your life! I remember Steve Perry and so sorry that Journey decided to do without him. Never the same but so enjoying the fact that my kids are listening to it now.

Thanks again for all your well wishes, loving words and comments and amazing prayers during my recovery. Did I mention, I Heart Your sunshine! My daughter said it reminds her of sweet tarts or Smarties. From a distance it does but I love it and it truly does make me smile every time I see it.

Its hanging in my bedroom. Thanks for your beautiful thoughts and gifts! It made my day when I got home this weekend.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Amy said...

Cute blog! I love it. Great musical guests. Musically speaking I would invite: Jewel, George Straight, and maybe Josh Groban.

have a wonderful day!

Amy said...

Definitely can appereciate the rockers, myself!

lynn said...

So fun seeing who everyone else chose! Love Steve Perry's voice too.

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh yes...Toby Mac is a great one.

Brandy said...

LOVE Steve Perry...I'm such a huge fan of the 80's! A table full of musicians would be great. Just think of the after-dinner entertainment!