Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Table Topics Tuesdays



OK, now Shannon is outdoing herself today over at Welcome To The Nuthouse. Our topic is:

would you rather live for a week in the past
or in the future?


This one is kicking me....I really don't know which way to go...the past can be rather unpleasant but the future can be downright scary....there are probably a few times I've really let the B out in the past and would like to go back and negate....but at the same time I do not like living in the past, revisiting the past, and when I say past I mean pre-Greg days...but in saying that, I can think of a few weeks I would like to go back to with Greg...oh yeah....
But when I look at the future, I see the time including Greg and the kids...and ya know, I could live there all the time without thinking twice....so I guess I just gave myself my final answer.
Join us over at Shannon's place each Tuesday and link up....and if you visit her late on Monday, you get a head's up on the topic!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Not sure...but I am thinking I would rather live in the future and leave the past in the dust!
Hugs,
andrea

Melissa said...

I'm going to have to camp out here and think for a bit. There are benefits to both.....there are things I could "fix" if I go back. I kinda like that, but then I believe everything happens for a reason. It all teaches us something. I wish I could go forward to get to my Disney trip sooner....:)

Shannon said...

Interesting choice ;)


I'd definitely go back to the past... any period, I think. Probably the Regency or 1940s, if I had to choose. BUT... definitely just for a week, LOL! I like the modern conveniences too much to give them up for good!

CaraBee said...

Interesting question! I'm on the fence about this one, but I like your answer!

Nana said...

Hmmmmm.

Heckety said...

I like your answer- it says a heck of a lot about you and Greg, which I think is wonderful. Your children are so lucky!

Me? I've always had a 'thing' about the Oregon Trail (yeh, weird, I know) so I guess I'd choose to visit then...not for too long though...I like mod cons too!!

lailani said...

I first thought the past, then I remembered. Naw, but I wouldn't want to mess the present by knowing too much of the future. So I would choose to sit on my couch and read a good book while others time jump :)