Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow, Snow Baby...Day One!

FINALLY...measurable snow. It started here about 12:30 and let up around 5:30. You can see the progression from the pictures throughout the day.....
My kids were outside most of the time...
You can see the dusting....since we'd had temps in the 50s, it took a little while to start sticking......and yes I know one of my children had a short sleeved shirt on...first, he's his fathers child...second, he's thirteen...and you mom's of teens know what I mean!!
I love snowmen...of course that means my kids love snow forts...or as they called this one igloo fort...you'll see the completed project on day 2....now you can see the snow start building on the street...it took Greg 2 hours to get home...in a 4 wheel drive truck...he waited 1 1/2 hrs just to get out of downtown!
Yes....that is our new rain gauge we got the day before.....6 inches...by night fall it was overflowing!!!!!

8 comments:

wendy said...

Your kids could certainly have built some awesome igloos where we live.
I bet they enjoyed the snow eh.

He & Me + 3 said...

Those are great pictures and what a cool igloo or fort. Love it. My kids made one the last snow we had. Fun

Heckety said...

Wow! What fun! Good iglood coming along there too!
Your children will remember this day forever and the fun they had- its a gift!

Mrsbear said...

Following over from SITS.

I have never seen snow. We live in south Florida. Looks like some fun was had. And yes, I know exactly what you mean about teens and weather appropriate clothing. Rain gear? Who needs it? A jacket because it's in the 30s? Nah. Not for my 15 year old. Yeesh.

Katherine Aucoin said...

So glad ya'll got some of the white stuff! Hope you stayed safe and warm!

blueviolet said...

I love that they're all so excited and busy out there in the snow!! I wish I could muster up those happy feelings about it!

Deborah Ann said...

Wow, is that your backyard? Gorgeous, especially with all the snow! Looks like quite the party going on there...

gemini said...

Beautiful, amazing pictures. Visiting for the first time and loving your blog pics. Join me too for a happy weekend ahead.