Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Calling All Moms Of Girls, Look What Ireland Sent Me!

Usually on Thursday I participate in Thankful Thursday but today I am instead giving a "Shout-Out" to a lady I met through TT. Heckety is an Irish Mum with a wonderfully witty blog. I saw one day she was selling her quilts she makes on Ebay. I left a comment for her to look into Etsy, she did and opened a shop. On her shop announcement I saw she makes primative dolls...you know the ones that don't loose shoes, or heads, ones you can wash and fluff so you don't care how dirty they get or even if your daughter takes her doll to play in the mud... I convoed her and inquired if she could make a doll for Shea's birthday the end of Dec. No prob, that girl whipped that doll out in no time and sent me a picture...LOVED it! Then, light bulb...could she make a matching apron...no prob again...it's called a pinny (short for pinafore, thank you Abbe)...she used to make them for her girls when they were little. Now all of this was done in less then 2 weeks...made and shipped....now look at what I got... custom, hand made from Ireland!!!!

Both pinnys tye in the back...
Aren't these the cutest shoes!!!
See the tag????
Shea's hair was still moving but I think you can tell how much she loves her doll...and she wears her pinny for all sorts of play....her doll is 18 inches and Heckety had me measure how long I wanted Shea's pinny to be...the fabric looks like a purple batik cotton, beautiful..and the doll's pinny is pink and white searsucker, but her dress is the same material as Shea's pinny...she did the doll in pink and purple cause they are Shea's favorite colors..I'm telling ya, this was CUSTOM!! And AFFORDABLE!! And from Ireland!!! So now Shea has an Irish doll to go with her Irish name...hmmm might be a birthday tradition in the making!

Go visit Heckety at her blog Heckety At Home and her Etsy shop HERE, be sure to check out the adorable Christmas Elf!! And give her a pat on the blog for a job well done for Shea, all of us who hand make just love pats!! Feel free to ask her questions and requests..you'll be glad you did!!

18 comments:

MelRoXx said...

Cute doll! I'm going over to her blog now! x

Heckety said...

Thank you SOOOOO MUUUUUCH! You are very kind to write such nice things about my sewing and I'm VERY grateful for the promo! I really just can't thank you enough- I'm speechless!!! (and that doesn't happen too often!)
Thank you!

Cindy Lou said...

awww...That doll is so cute!! I think that she does like it!! Have a great day!

New England Girl said...

Absolutely adorable! :)

Feeling Fit With Dana said...

Adorable doll! I will have to look into one of these for my granddaughter. Of course, she is only 4 months old, but still.

Andrea said...

This doll is precious. She is very gifted. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings, andrea

Heart2Heart said...

Jane,

I have to agree with you on this one. She does have quite a talent for making the cutest things. I am personally going to be purchasing something from her this year and just not sure what yet. Loved the Christmas Elf!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

He & Me + 3 said...

you can tell she loves her doll. Too cute.

Becky said...

What a cute doll. And what a neat gift! How cool that it was handmade and from Ireland!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Really cute doll! Stopping by from SITS!

Confessions From A Working Mom said...

How adorable!!! And the doll has quite a story to tell, coming all the way from Ireland and everything. She's oh-so-exotic! Perfect for school show and tell, don't you think?

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Audrey said...

Great doll! Much better than the kind you get in the big box stores! She will treasure it forever I'm sure :)

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

♥Georgie♥ said...

OMGosh the doll is cute but yanno I think the 'real' doll is precious!

Yaya said...

That is so cute!!!!!

Angela said...

So cute! Shea looks so happy with her new doll, and I am heading over to check out Heckety's blog now!

Deborah Ann said...

That doll is simply precious! Don't think I've seen anything that cute before...

Angie's Spot said...

Heckety rocks! I'm DEFINITELY getting pinny's for both of my girls this year. Such cute stuff!