Monday, August 31, 2009
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Peace be still
Richard McCulley graced the gates of Heaven at 12:26 AM Wednesday. If you would like to read more about this amazing man and his ever beautiful wife Kori, click here. Please be in prayer for Kori and their boys.
"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body,
and to be present with the Lord."
2 Corinthians 5:8
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
1. Friends, these are the women you have fun with, blog with, bash your hubby with.....even drink coffee with. They lighten my life and make me smile.
2. Best Friends, I have 3 of these. My Bff and 2 other women that I know I can call upon to help me in whatever crisis. These are my friends that have seen me at my worst and my best. I can call my BFF in the middle of the night and she runs right over...we've done it....a number of times. These are my girls that have seen me without makeup and my house an absolutly complete and total wreck...not just the daily wreck. They do not judge me...they support me...I am blessed.
3. I have a hard working husband who will tackle whatever job there needs to be done around the house. IE: We have a new brick paver patio he put in himself...we have new retaining walls and steps he put in when he decided to have the yard level-graded for the above-ground pool....we are in the middle of a remodel downstairs, it's gone on way too many years(4) but I am not even going to go there now....this is time to be thankful....
4. I am thankful for my 7 yr old that I'm teaching. Tonight in my youth class Iwas talking about how refreshing it is to teach Colin...how kids of that age can just "get" God, very matter-of-fact. We are using "Exploring God's Creation" in science, we were studying the wonders of the earth and how God made it all...doesn't faze him, after all it's God... I LOVE that!
5. And yes, Jesus The Christ... I have such JOY typing that... Praise Him!!
Visit Sonya over at Truth 4 The Journey for more Thankfulness!!
Monday, August 24, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Derek, my 9th grader
English I- I'm using Paradigm and Tapestry of Grace to have Grammar, Composition, Literature and Vocabulary covered.
Math- Algebra I- Video Text
Science-Apoplogia-Physical Science w/Lab (yay!!)
American History-Tapestry of Grace
Foreign Language- German I- The Learnables
Performing Arts-Vocal-Chattanooga Boys Choir
Church History-Tapestry of Grace
Drivers Ed-Online Course, WooHoo!!
Will, my 7th grader
English-Simply Grammar and Tapestry of Grace for Lit and Composition and Vocab.
Science-Christian Kids Explore Chemistry (yay we get to blow up stuff!)
Bible-Tapestry of Grace
American History-Tapestry of Grace
Spelling- Spelling Power, probably.
Colin, my 2nd grader
Reading-Books, books and more books
Science-Exploring God's Creation
Bible-Rod and Staff
She will do Science, Bible and Handwriting with Colin and I. Otherwise, the girl is on her own, LOL!
And it's a given all of the kids have PE outside in the afternoon...I've gotta have coffe and sweets sometime! So there are my days..whew tired already..and praying for a really GREAT year!!
Friday, August 21, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
1. Our 2 new kittens, Joe and Francine. My 18 yr old cat died last April. Greg said no more cats, ok we still had 3. He relented this weekend, I came home with 2 instead of 1....he was not surprised. Have you ever noticed how baby animals can bring out the best in people? None of the kids remember when the other cats were kittens, so this is all new and fun for them.
2. Going out to dinner with a great friend...without our kids...sometimes ya just gotta get away..."moms meeting" it was fun Abbe!
3. People who say "what can I do to help"?....and you know they mean it.
4. The auction for Kori and Richard to help with their expenses, thanks to all who participated and spread the word.
5. As always, Jesus The Christ....Amen.
Now go over to Sonya's for more Thanksgivings.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
The Auction time has been extended!!! It will not end until Wednesday August 12th at 11:59 (est)!!!!!!!!
Y'all heard me speak of Kori and Richard, at least speak in blog world terms. I met Kori through blogging last fall. She has amazed me with her journey and faith. Kori inspires me to be a better person, a better child of God. Richard's insight into what is around the corner for him, his peacefulness and assurance, blows me away. In fact, they both blow me away. Kori had to take her blog private. As a mom, she did it for her boys. When Shannon over at In The NutHouse came up with the idea for the auction (on Tuesday 8/11/09), I asked Kori if I could interview them so those of you who don't know them, can see why Shannon came up with this idea, we so many are participating, why this family is so special to so many of us in blogville. Read On:
Kori, tell us a little about your life?
Whew my life. My life is a tough one. But... it's mine and even though it is stressful, tiring and right now it hurts so bad somedays I feel like I am barely breathing, it's mine and I wouldn't change a thing. God planned this life for me before I was a mere thought in my Mother's mind. This is His plan and I choose to follow him down this path of uncertanties giving Him praise all along the way. I may not understand it right now, and maybe I'm not meant to. But to know that God felt me worthy enough to experience this love and this life by blessing me with my amazing husband and two beautiful boys, well, it just blows me away.
Kori, How are the boys handling your family's situation?
Oh our sweet boys. We have always been very honest with them when it comes to everything going on with Richard's health. For the most part they are handling things quite well. It has taken a lot of adjusting on their part. Richard has always been the active Dad. They used to go camping, fishing and played outside together a lot. There summers were always busy doing fun activities with Dad. But in the past year Richard has not been able to do those things with the boys. And I think that was probably the hardest part for them. But we have family nights several times a week now where we watch movies and play games. They'll snuggle up with Richard and I think it just makes their world a little better. I have been amazed by my boys, they have some unbelievable strength.
Richard, what do you want these readers to learn from you?
Don't take anything for granted. Give glory to God for all that you have and all that you've been given. Be nice to everyone you meet because we never know what burdens others may bare. Take joy in the big things, but do NOT overlook the small ones. Sometimes the small things mean the most.
Kori and Richard, what gets you through this?
Our faith in God and knowing that this life here is not the end. It's only the beginning of a new adventure.
Kori, would you like to say a little about the auction?
We are truly humbled, amazed and inspired by the outpouring of love and support for our family. Thank you all for everything. When I started blogging I never expected to meet all these amazing people and to have them share their lives with me. I am blessed to be a part of the blogging community and to have so many people praying for our family is awe inspiring. I am most thankful for the friendships that will last me a lifetime. You guys truly RoCk and I love you all.
Please help us, help this family, any amount is appreciated. If you are not able to participate in the auction on Tuesday 8/11/09 12:00am to 11:59pm, The McCulley Family's button on my right sidebar is a way in which you can still help. Thank you to all my readers. See ya Tuesday!!