Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thankful, and Heavy, Thursday


My heart is Thankful and heavy for this Thankful Thursday.

1. Thankful we are all finally well from the stomach bug that has lived in my house for a week!
2. Thankful that my favorite time of year is upon us.
3. Heavy...I just read that Melanie's 12yr old son Andrew lost his fight with brain cancer, his badge "Please Pray For Andrew" is on my sidebar.
4. Thankful that Andrew is now healed and in the presence of our Lord...what a place to be at Christmas.
5. Thankful that Jesus Christ Himself will be celebrating Christmas this year with all of those that have gone before us...PRAISES!

Join the crowd over at Sonya's Truth 4 The Journey.

12 comments:

~ Dawn ~ said...

My prayers go out to Andrew's family. My heart hurts for them but he is in a better place now. Glad to hear you are all doing better. Have a blessed day!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I too am so sad...and wish I had the right words...

SusanD said...

So sad to hear of Andrew's passing. It will be tough as his family begins it's year of firsts. Praying for them. Blessings, SusanD

Greg C said...

So sorry to hear about Andrew but like you said, he is in a better place now and there is no more pain and suffering for him.

Whitney said...

Even in sadness, you can be thankful! That's why I admire you!

~*~KIMBERLY~*~ said...

I love your heart.

You said:
"4. Thankful that Andrew is now healed and in the presence of our Lord...what a place to be at Christmas."

I'm in agreement. I didn't/don't sport the badge, but was following. It's tragic, but God was in control and HIS divine plan is blessing people. Amen.

Angela said...

I do find it so hugely comforting that when a Christian dies, we do not have to worry or wonder where they are now. While we certainly mourn and miss them in this world, we do not have to mourn "as those who have no hope" and we can be confident they are safe and alive with Christ! I am so sorry for his family though. But thankful Christ gives us the confidence of seeing those loved ones again!

New England Girl said...

Sending hugs your way, lady. I am glad you're all feeling better and that you'll enjoy Christmas without any sickness or uncomfort. I am so sorry to hear about Andrew, though... what a loss. :(

He & Me + 3 said...

How very very sad for Melanie...but happy for Andrew. Thank God you got rid of the flu bug...YUCK!
Have a blessed weekend.

Lori said...

Glad your bug is gone and yes I was blog hopping this morning and read about Andrew. So sad. I cannot imagine what that family is going through.

Michelle said...

Glad you're feeling better. A stomach but the week of Christmas is not a good thing. Only a week until Christmas!

Yolanda said...

I'm glad that your house hold is being healed from the stomach virus.