Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday, Up, Up and Away!!


I am off to Estrogen Extravaganza tomorrow...and for that I am most Thankful!
1. I am thankful for friends, Angie and Shannon, who invited me to be a part of their getaway.

2. I am thankful to be going to Pigeon Forge to meet up with 13 other women bloggers, and all the fun we are going to find there.

3. I am thankful Angela is driving so I don't have to!

4. I am thankful for the first time I will be away from my children for fun...the only other times I have been away from them are, when I was in the hospital having more kids, having my appendectomy and once overnight for work...and yes my oldest is 15...

5 I am thankful that my kids are excited for me...actually they're excited because they know their daddy will be doing the "eat out every meal" thing except for grilling steaks on Saturday.
6. I am so thankful for Greg who realized my need to get away (to save my sanity) and for looking forward to having all the kids to himself...I know men who would not be willing to do this...
7. Thank you Jesus for this opportunity, and watch over all of us on this journey..Amen!
Ok I realize it was more then the normal 5 but hey...I'M EXCITED!!
Now go read some more thankfuls over at Truth 4 The Journey!

19 comments:

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

this sounds great! I would love to go to something like this! have a wonderful time.
Love Collette xxx

Denita said...

*LOVE* your blog!!! Stoppin' by from SSS (so MANY to check in on this year)

Good for you going off with the girls this weekend. I too am doing the same with approx. 100 ... I love it ; }

Valencia said...

I hope you have a great time!!

Andrea said...

Great thank you list. I pray you will have a safe and wonderfully blessed trip.
Blessings, hugs, and prayers, andrea

Katherine Aucoin said...

You have a wonderful time Jane! You are very blessed to have such a supportive family!

He & Me + 3 said...

Excited for you. Enjoy your time away! Be safe.

Whitney said...

Oh my gosh! Have so much fun!

Deborah Ann said...

LOVE your blog! Love your button too...simply must have it. I see Jesus is here so I climbed on board. You're invited to visit me at:

www.heavenlyhumor.blogspot.com

for some laughs and 'God' times...

Heart2Heart said...

Jane,

Great list and hoping that you have a wonderful time recharging with just you and the girls.


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Alicia said...

LOL, this will be my first time away in 8 years!!!!!!!

From the Heart said...

Hope you have a wonderful time.
That is so precious that your husband lets you do a "get away".

♥ Teresa ♥ said...

Thanks for stopping by to visit today. I'm SO happy you are going on your much deserved trip this weekend. I absolutely LOVE Pigeon Forge! It is my absolute FAVORITE vacation spot, especially this time of the year! The gorgeous leaves, the wonderful shopping, the beautiful Christmas light display and The Dixie Stampede! It all is so awesome! Oh, and the Apple Barn is simply AMAZING at breakfast time!! OK, I gotta stop because I am getting quite envious of you all right about now! :0) LOL! Sweetie, I truly hope you have a safe trip and a wonderful time. Take lots and lots of pictures!

Blessings,

Teresa <><

P.S. Next time, you and your honey need to go ALONE. It is truly an amazing place to go for that much needed couples get-away!


Teresa <><

Edie said...

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who didn't follow the rules this time. LOL!

I hope you have a fabulous time!!!

Nana Jul said...

I hope you have a fabulous time with the girls!! And I hope you bring back many wonderful memories!
Enjoy every second, it's been a long time coming...it will be worth the wait!!

Nana said...

Have a great time!!!!!!!!

Mighty M said...

Coming by from SITS to say hi! I hope you have a wonderful time!!

Tom in Tennessee said...

Jane: How exciting! We're at the Pigeon Forge tourism department and found your blog about visiting us.

We hope you see this note on Friday. If you do, phone us at 865-429-7333. We'd love to hear how your visit is going.

I'll not be in the office, but ask for Leon Downey (the tourism director), Penney Ward or Sue Carr. It'd be a treat to hear from you.
--
Tom Adkinson

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

Did we have fun or WHAT?

I ADORED meeting you! And can't WAIT to get together with you again SOON!!!!!

Angela said...

We did have so much fun, and I'm so glad you were able to ride up and back with me! You are great company!