Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday, Bands.

Billy Graham Makes Last Crusade to San Diego

Music........has always been such a major influence in my life. I was a hard core rocker growing up....and even now. I am so Thankful for the Contemporary Christian music of today. Even an old rocker like myself can find bands to "get it". So today I am Thankful for....

DC Talk, the band pictured above, was my first taste of Christian music I could really get into, still love the first song of theirs I heard.. a remake of "Jesus Is Just Alright". Alas, they are not together anymore....but they are still putting out "whack" music individually which leads me to....
Toby Mac... a true man with a message...a rapper/hip hop artist. His music never fails to excite me...and his concerts are the real thing. I've seen him many times...and always walk away fulfilled.
Family Force 5... my, my what can I say about them. They are from my home state of Georgia. The first video I saw of their's..did not like at all. But, they were an opening act a couple of years ago for Toby Mac's Winter Slam tour...they ROCKED the house with rock, punk, funk and everything else!! When I want to pump it up in the van...they are always my first choice. My daughter Shea has even learned the words to her favorite songs....the best is "Drama Queen"...SNAP!
Skillet...They were the first real ROCK Christian band I've been drawn to. Love their messages. I saw them in concert last May and am taking my youth group to see them in December......Rock On....
Decyfer Down...They were an opening act for Skillet....they tore it down!!! Very hard core rockers...heavy bass...and heavy beat...head banging music...loved them!

So there you have one of my most Thankfuls.....I would not be the person I am today without the music I have listened to over the years...Thanks to all these artists for producing music with a message for all!!
Join the rest of us over at Sonya's Truth 4 The Journey!

10 comments:

Valencia said...

I just LOVE contemporary christian music!! It is such an inspiration.

He & Me + 3 said...

I am so into music too. I truly believe that it can alter our moods. I know that when I am tired & feeling stressed or defeated I turn to my Worship CDS & wow what a difference just worshipping with the CD in His presence can make. When we are cruisen in the car my kids love some David Crowder...I saw the light. Such a fun song.
Great thankful list.
Love Toby Mac.

Whitney said...

Oh man I love DC Talk and Skillet! Skillet is from Memphis!
Also I love the Newsboys from back in the day! I used to go to this Christian music festival in Kentucky every year called Ichthus. It's kind of like a Christian Woodstock. I saw so many good Christian artists there. There's nothing like worship through music!

Greg C said...

Music is a huge part of my life too. I too like Toby Mac's music. They play it all the time on "His Radio."

From the Heart said...

I'm a Southern Gospel person. Born and raised on it. My husband sang in a gospel quartet for about 4 years and we travel every weekend and even took our two daughters.
However, I have to say I'm glad for the rock Christian music. My son-in-law played in a band for several years before and after he married my daughter. Now my 16 year old grandson is doing the same thing at his church and I have to say he is really good.

Have a blessed day.

Heart2Heart said...

Jane,

I too, and thankful for some alternative music to the stuff on the radio and that our kids are being influenced by now. These bands are teaching them, you can still listen to the beat but with more positive and upbeat lyrics that nourish more than your soul!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Brandy said...

I'm a fan of Skillet too. My teen & his friends love their music.

Edie said...

I love music too. I listen to contemporary Christian but I really love most kinds of music, especially to worship the Lord.

Denise said...

DC Talk and The News Boys got me hooked on Contemporary Christian music. It was like FINALLY! Now I listen to Relient K and StorySide B, both of which are on Toby Mac's label. (You learn a thing or two about Christian music when you live in it's world headquarters, Franklin, TN.)

♥georgie♥ said...

I always enjoy your Thursday posts!
You have just introduced me to some new music-for that I am Thankful