Monday, October 5, 2009

A Mountain and A Winner



First congrats to Katherine over at, most fitting, Smoky Mountain Cafe, for winning the captions award, everyone did a great job and I had lots of laughs at your expense!!..so Katherine send me your addy and start looking for the mail..you're gonna love it!



These are a few of the pictures Derek took as we traveled from Gatlinburg, Tn. to Cherokee NC for the day. You are in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. And you go up the mountains....and down the other side...hills and valleys everywhere. It had been many years since I had visited the Smokies.....I had forgotten how truly majestic they are. When you are on top....looking out at all those mountains...and you are so high up.....it's like you can just reach up and touch the breath of God....

12 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Congratulations to your winner. I am sure that she will be more than thrilled. It was fun working on them. Love all the mountain pictures as I for one, am a fan of said mountains!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Becky said...

Ahhh! That is where we were this June...Cherokee. We made that same exact trip...up to Smokies and down the other side.

It is just breathtaking!

Shannon said...

Oh, yes... the Smokys are beautiful! Just a little over a month and you'll be there again! Woohoo!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

congrats to the winner. That was such a fun contest!
Beautiful pictures of the mountains.

Nana said...

Very beautiful!!

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Your photos are beautiful! It is really a stunning part of the world!
Love Collette xxxx

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great photos.....loved them...

(army)Wife said...

Those are some gorgeous pics! It must have been something to see that in person. Things like that always make me feel so small, but in a good way :)

New England Girl said...

Gorgeous photos!! This is one area I definitely want to get to... and your photos just further enhance that desire! I hope your vacation was fabulous. Can't wait to hear all about it. :)

Katherine Aucoin said...

Really?? I am completely thrilled Jane! this was a fun contest, great pictures to caption.

I love your pictures from the park. You need to come back in 2 to 3 weeks when the colors at at their height!

Shelley said...

I could look at these mountain forever! Beautiful pics!!!

♥georgie♥ said...

congrats to Katherine!

My dad lives in Enka/ashville area and I remember as a kid him taking me to cherokee-what a cool place I would love to take my kiddos there one day
Your pics are great! Love those mountain shots!