Monday, September 14, 2009

Alone....

I stay up late at night. I have to. It is the only time I am truly alone. At any other time of the day, I have a child on my heels. I like alone, I do not like lonely. As a child, I was lonely. Painfully shy, my best friend was my siamese cat Penny. I began to get over the shyness in college. After college, I began the days of living alone. I was lonely sometimes, but rarely. My childhood was lonely, my adulthood was alone. Before I moved to Tennessee and married my husband, I lived in the North Georgia Mountains on a 250 acre farm. My driveway was a mile long. I lived by myself. I enjoyed it. I would just stand outside and look at the surrounding hills and breathe. From the time I was 21 until I was 32, except for 1 year, I lived alone. It is the solitude I remember. Sometimes I crave it again. But now I have someone to share it with. I sit alone with Him. I used to just sit alone. I love those nights when I can truly feel Him near me, I smile.....y'all know what I mean. But even on those times when I don't feel Him near, I am alone..... but I am Not alone......I used to be.

14 comments:

Alicia said...

I stay up late too, for that same reason! I love it when everyone is in bed and I have the house "to myself."

But, you're right..if you have Jesus, you'll never be alone.

Laurie said...

I feel the same way... I love alone, but not lonely and I was lonely too as a child. So thankful for God's constant presence, Laurie

lailani said...

What a warm post! Who would have thought the topic of alone being warm, huh? But it is here . . .

Smiles!

He & Me + 3 said...

That was beautiful and I love my alone time too.

Katherine Aucoin said...

What a beautiful and powerful post. I totally get you!

Whitney said...

We are NEVER truly alone!

Rachel said...

I love those moments of stillness too. (Maybe because we homeschool?) I grew up on a farm in No. Georgia too... near LaFayette to be exact. Where were you?

Greg C said...

I get up early to be alone. My favorite time to be alone was at summer church camp.

Heart2Heart said...

Jane,

I too, remember a great time in my life when at first I was lonely after my first divorce. I was missing something in my life but I never understood what that was til I reconnected with God. Then it became a time of being alone with just Him.

Funny how the two can become one. It's just our perspective changes.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Samantha said...

How lovely, yes, I enjoy the still quiet moments with our loving father.

~ Hugs and blessings to you sweet friend !

Edie said...

I know exactly what you mean. I have always enjoyed my alone time. Especially when I spend it with Him.

As you can see by the time of this comment, I am also a late night person. Getting tired now... zzzzzzz

Design it Chic said...

You totally make sense!Alone with Him is never lonely! I enjoy that to! Great boost to the day!
Happy Wednesday!

*oh and the fashion show i promised yesterday is just up and running as i type:) you said you wanna check:)

Nana said...

I know just what you mean!!

Missy said...

I have just recently discovered this wonderful late night "alone" time. It is lovely.