Monday, August 3, 2009

Wedding Pictures

The REAL reason my boys wanted to go to the wedding!
Lawrenceville Ga. Bass Pro Shop, they loved seeing us!
The 2nd reason the boys wanted to go to Atlanta.

Just what you want to see at a wedding reception.

The cakes were right behind us...all night...temptation!

Jumpy, jump, jump!

The food was all that mattered to this boy!
Colin and his daddy.......were they thirsty?????

Will, Colin and Greg.

Headphones, watching a movie, asleep.

The bridal party table...... next to it 2 fountains, one with sweet tea (LOVED it) and the other with punch. A coffee station was in the middle complete with flavoring syrup!

Will and Shea during the father/daughter dance....she really did pick him first!

And the happy couple, my nephew Matthew and his new bride Sarah.
It was one of the most beautiful weedings I've been to, very classy and chic-chic. I was able to visit with my 2 aunts, 2 of their daughters and all of my SIL Rita's family whom I have not seen in years, they all live in Vermont and I used to vacation with them before Greg and I hooked up. I miss them.
Saw my father, that was about it. He didn't really even speak to the children except to shake Shea's hand. He didn't respond to the boys except "bye" when we were leaving. My husband being the good man he is, took us straight to him when we got there and had everyone tell him bye when we left. His parting shot was that Shea looked exactly like her grandmother. I chose to ignore that remark and said my good-byes. I couldn't sleep that night. But I will one day.
Thank you for all your kind words and prayers since Friday, now I can breathe.














16 comments:

Kori said...

Sounds like it went better than expected. I'm so glad. Was thinking of you and praying all weekend.

Love you Janey.

Becky said...

I'm so sorry I missed your last post. How hard this must of been for you, and how brave of you it was to go. Good for you to go.

In these situations all you can do is control YOU. You cannot control the other person. You want to walk away from the situation being proud of how you acted. If you went, put a smile on your face, and tried, then you did everthing you could. And what a wonderful help to have such a great man by your side and of course the comfort of the Lord always being with you.

Take a big breath now, and take solice that you took the high road.

He & Me + 3 said...

So glad you and everyone survived. That must be so hard... I know you have given it to the Lord & that is all you can do. Great pictures. YOur kids are so cute. Those cakes looked delish and coffee with flavored cream? I would have been in heaven. :)

Heart2Heart said...

I know you are glad that it is all over with. You did the right thing and you were there for the right reasons. You made the right people happy by being there and that is the most important thing about being there.

Some people will honestly never be happy with anything you do. ((HUGS))

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Shelley said...

Sounds like it went okay! I think it was great you attended the wedding - shows what a strong and kind person you are!!!

Greg C said...

Great wedding photos. I thought you were going to say that the wedding took place IN the Bass Pro shop. Now that would be a wedding to remember. :)

New England Girl said...

Funny- another blog I follow just posted about their trip to Bass Water in Nashville! I LOOOVE those stores. :)

It sounds like the wedding went okay- love the photos!! Everything looks beautiful and sounds like a wonderful time. I'm glad you feel like you can breathe again. Sending hugs your way!!! xoxo.

Scrappy Girl said...

I love the cake!

I am doing a giveaway to celebrate 500 posts today!

CaraBee said...

That looks like it was some wedding! And the cake was GORGEOUS! I'm so glad that it went well. Family. Whew, they can tough.

Angela said...

Great pics! I am so glad it went as well as possible. As well as you could make it anyway - you can't control your Dad's behavior.

Looks like it was a beautiful wedding!

nikkicrumpet said...

I read this post...then went back and read the one before it. I'm just so impressed that you had the courage to go. A lot of people would have just sent a gift and avoided the entire thing. I am impressed with your strength and courage. And I'm sure the rest of your family was thrilled that you were there. I feel sorry for people who are so immature and cold hearted that they deny themselves the love and happiness that family can bring. Hopefully someday they will realize they are only punishing themselves. You obviously are a precious gift in their lives...they are just to stubborn to accept the gift. How sad for them.

(army)Wife said...

It's good to hear that you were able to get through the wedding day with your head held high. It sounds like it was a beautiful wedding. The sweet tea fountain sounds awesome!

Whitney said...

I love the one of them dancing together. Framer for sure!
Beautiful cake, too!

Together We Save said...

Great pictures. Look like you had lots of fun.

The Nice One said...

Wow.
I, like NikkiCrumpet, really admire the strength you showed going to that wedding. It's making me reconsider my temper trantrum about going to my Mother in Laws. You may have helped spark a breakthrough here.
Best Wishes for familial peace.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Weddings bring out the very best and very worst in people. I'm grateful you got through it mostly unscathed. Big hugs honey!!!