Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday!!

Than you Sonya over at Truth 4 The Journey for hosting Thankful Thursday. Her I go, five things I'm thankful for this week.




1. Our 2 new kittens, Joe and Francine. My 18 yr old cat died last April. Greg said no more cats, ok we still had 3. He relented this weekend, I came home with 2 instead of 1....he was not surprised. Have you ever noticed how baby animals can bring out the best in people? None of the kids remember when the other cats were kittens, so this is all new and fun for them.




2. Going out to dinner with a great friend...without our kids...sometimes ya just gotta get away..."moms meeting" it was fun Abbe!




3. People who say "what can I do to help"?....and you know they mean it.




4. The auction for Kori and Richard to help with their expenses, thanks to all who participated and spread the word.




5. As always, Jesus The Christ....Amen.


Now go over to Sonya's for more Thanksgivings.

18 comments:

Yolanda said...

#3 and #5 tug my heart!!!

lailani said...

Thankfulness makes us feel good, doesn't it? Neat how that moves us . . .
Smiles!

The Redhead Riter said...

I love #3. It seems to become more rare as time goes by...and #5 is a given.

I hope you have a great day!

New England Girl said...

You're awesome!! I love how thankful you are. :)

Sending hugs your way!

Whitney said...

So cute. I hate cats, but Joe and Francine sound delightful!

Alicia said...

Yup...gotta love the "alone, grown up" time with the girls!!!! It's so refreshing!!!

Greg C said...

Great list but you two sound just like us. I say no more cats and she comes home with two. The first time we went to get A cat, we came home with 4 and we have had that many since then. What can I say.

So please introduce me to this person who said "what can I do to help?" I know they aren't from around here, haha

CaraBee said...

All good things.

PS - Um, where are the kitten pictures?

Heart2Heart said...

Jane,

I am so number 1 I am jumping up and down frantically waving my hand in the air shouting Oh that is so me!!

We are going to be adding to our family again since our cat, Moo needs a friend.

We have some neighborhood strays that wander through our yard and she runs to the window and just talks to them, like Hello, won't you be my friend??

I think it's a sign!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

confused homemaker said...

great list, #5 Amen!

Lisa said...

Great list - especially #3 & 5.
Blessings ~ Lisa

He & Me + 3 said...

Great great thankful list. I love number 3. People who truly mean what they say are such a blessing.

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Love love love kittens! We have two cats the kids adore and the cats tolerate the kids!! Time out for mum is always great and number 5 of course is a given!
Love your blog!
Collette xxx

Truth4thejourney said...

New kittens! WOW! My hubby has said no more animals here too. I'm more of the animal lover and since we have more than our fair share of them, he is a sweetie.

Have fun with them this week! Post pictures soon!

Sonya Lee

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

Wow - 2 new little kittens - bet they are precious.

#5? definitely. We need to be more vocal about being thankful for Jesus.

Becky said...

HOW do you get new kittens and NOT show pictures?????


!

Angela said...

I agree esp. on the last one! I couldn't make it even a day without Him. Hugs!

pam said...

...very nice!