Thankful Thursday is sponsored by Sonya over at Truth 4 The Journey, check it out.
My post this Thursday is very focused. I have a friend Kori whose husband is in the last stages of stage 4 colon cancer and CF. There will be a fundraiser auction on August the 11th for this family. Here is a link to my friend Shannon's blog with the details for the auction: "For Kori"Kori is at the hospital with Richard, she wrote of the calm and peace she felt in the middle of all the hectic surroundings, God is there with them. I've thought a lot about mine and Greg's marriage in the last few weeks as Kori and Richards situation has gotten more imminent. So my TT focus today is my husband. The 5 things I'm thankful for:
1. He loves and adores his children. He comes home at lunch to see them, always has. He started a tradition right after Derek our oldest was born, of taking the kids to Lowes and/or Home Depot every Saturday morning. And now, he even takes all 4 kids shopping on Black Friday!!
2. He makes me laugh. He can literally defuse any pending blow-up by me with some off the wall remark, so I get confused with my anger. When I found out at the age of 45 that I was expecting, I went to the doctor thinking menopause and came out 12 1/2 weeks pregnant, I got home and got him on the phone and ranted and raved for 10 mins....his comment.."Well, what's for dinner"...I sputtered a lot after that!
3. He makes me do things I should do, but don't want to. He takes the high road, I follow. I could not have gone to the wedding without him....I just couldn't have. He knew that.
4. He is a man of integrity and challenges our children to be the same. He talks God with them, they listen.
5. Last but not least. You have heard the saying the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother....he does.
There are more...but I will save them for later. I think of Kori and Richard every day...knowing their time on earth together is short, but knowing how our Father will be there every step of the way...on earth and in heaven.