Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday is sponsored by Sonya over at Truth 4 The Journey, check it out.


My post this Thursday is very focused. I have a friend Kori whose husband is in the last stages of stage 4 colon cancer and CF. There will be a fundraiser auction on August the 11th for this family. Here is a link to my friend Shannon's blog with the details for the auction: "For Kori"
Kori is at the hospital with Richard, she wrote of the calm and peace she felt in the middle of all the hectic surroundings, God is there with them. I've thought a lot about mine and Greg's marriage in the last few weeks as Kori and Richards situation has gotten more imminent. So my TT focus today is my husband. The 5 things I'm thankful for:


1. He loves and adores his children. He comes home at lunch to see them, always has. He started a tradition right after Derek our oldest was born, of taking the kids to Lowes and/or Home Depot every Saturday morning. And now, he even takes all 4 kids shopping on Black Friday!!


2. He makes me laugh. He can literally defuse any pending blow-up by me with some off the wall remark, so I get confused with my anger. When I found out at the age of 45 that I was expecting, I went to the doctor thinking menopause and came out 12 1/2 weeks pregnant, I got home and got him on the phone and ranted and raved for 10 mins....his comment.."Well, what's for dinner"...I sputtered a lot after that!


3. He makes me do things I should do, but don't want to. He takes the high road, I follow. I could not have gone to the wedding without him....I just couldn't have. He knew that.


4. He is a man of integrity and challenges our children to be the same. He talks God with them, they listen.


5. Last but not least. You have heard the saying the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother....he does.


There are more...but I will save them for later. I think of Kori and Richard every day...knowing their time on earth together is short, but knowing how our Father will be there every step of the way...on earth and in heaven.

17 comments:

SusanD said...

Hey Gal! We sure have a lot in common. Love your list honoring your DH. Kori & Richard (& family) continue to be in my prayers. Blessings, SusanD

Deb said...

Amazing husbands ARE the BEST!!!!!!
Will keep Kori and Richard in my prayers.
Blessings!
Deb

Katherine Aucoin said...

What a wonderful and bittersweet post! I am so sorry about your friends but just loved reading about how you look at your husband. You are truly blessed!

lailani said...

Jane, this is a great post! Keeping your friend in thoughts and prayers, I cannot imagine the heartbreak. . .

Sarah Dawn said...

I'm jumpin' in the jungle too! So delighted to find your blog and swing around on the vines of His joy over here.

Blessings from Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn

Whitney said...

This is such a sweet post, Jane.

New England Girl said...

Jane, this is such a beautiful list- and so many wonderful things to be thankful for in your husband!! I bet it is adorable to watch him with your children. I love when a men can devote himself to his wife and children. And I am SO happy that you are blessed with such a partner- you deserve only the best!! :)

I am keeping your friend Kori and her husband in my prayers. What a sad story. I will also be visiting the auction to help them out.

Grace said...

Wonderful post about DH. I am smilng as I read it...

Thanks for the news about Kori and Richard. I used to follow her blog, but one day after they went to Disney I tried to go to it and I was blocked. I had no idea that things have progressed so much.

Heart2Heart said...

Jane

I am keeping Kori and Richard in my prayers and ask that God continually keep both of them lovingly in His arms and under His watchful eye.

I love your list, even as you deal with Kori and Richard, it makes you value what you have and take account for that and be thankful for everything he does.

I too, have so much to be thankful for with my injury and my hubby just being that kind of lifesaver for me.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Mary K Brennan said...

Thoughts and prayers for Kori and Richard. We never know how many days there are to be thankful, so be thankful everyday.
Thoughtful post.

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

Sometimes it takes other's hard times to make ourselves take a look at what we DO have. Thanks for this today! You really blessed me.

I have them on my prayer blog and pray for them daily.

From the Heart said...

Thanks for your comment on my Thankful Thursday. Your list is a good one. So sorry to hear about your friends. I will keep them in my prayers.
AliceE.

Yolanda said...

I've heard that "C" word, myself with my Mom. And so I truly know how short our lives here are, and how much we need to focus on the inside instead of the outside. Our relationships, OUR JESUS, and not all the stuff that we accumulate.

Lovingly,
Yolanda

PS: Sweet to recognize and lift up your husband.

He & Me + 3 said...

Jane,

That was just beautiful. What an awesome man you have and a blessing he is to your family. A great man is something to be thankful for no doubt!

CaraBee said...

That was beautiful! You are a lucky woman. My heart breaks for what Kori and Richard are going through right now.

Morgan@DiaperingandBeyond said...

Awwww! Your husband sounds like a great guy! It also sounds like he has a great wife who appreciates him. Pretty amazing that he took all 4 kids to the store on Black Friday! I don't even think I could do that!!!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

ONe PiNK FiSH said...

visiting from sits