Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday!! Praise Him!!

OK, my Five Thankfuls for this past week:


1. Friends, these are the women you have fun with, blog with, bash your hubby with.....even drink coffee with. They lighten my life and make me smile.


2. Best Friends, I have 3 of these. My Bff and 2 other women that I know I can call upon to help me in whatever crisis. These are my friends that have seen me at my worst and my best. I can call my BFF in the middle of the night and she runs right over...we've done it....a number of times. These are my girls that have seen me without makeup and my house an absolutly complete and total wreck...not just the daily wreck. They do not judge me...they support me...I am blessed.


3. I have a hard working husband who will tackle whatever job there needs to be done around the house. IE: We have a new brick paver patio he put in himself...we have new retaining walls and steps he put in when he decided to have the yard level-graded for the above-ground pool....we are in the middle of a remodel downstairs, it's gone on way too many years(4) but I am not even going to go there now....this is time to be thankful....


4. I am thankful for my 7 yr old that I'm teaching. Tonight in my youth class Iwas talking about how refreshing it is to teach Colin...how kids of that age can just "get" God, very matter-of-fact. We are using "Exploring God's Creation" in science, we were studying the wonders of the earth and how God made it all...doesn't faze him, after all it's God... I LOVE that!


5. And yes, Jesus The Christ... I have such JOY typing that... Praise Him!!

Visit Sonya over at Truth 4 The Journey for more Thankfulness!!

14 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Jane,

Love your list! It is so true that everytime I type the words Jesus or God or Lord, the joy inside begins to jump and the smile on my face is the sign that His light still shines.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Nana said...

Those are all the best things to be thankful for.

(army)Wife said...

That's an awesome list of things to be thankful for :)

I want to put in a patio in the worst way. Is it insensitive of me to put the hubs on that the week after he gets home?

Mighty M said...

What a great post!! Hope you have a wonderful day (visiting from SITS!!). ;-)

Valencia said...

Oh how I miss teaching youth class at church. It was always such a blessings to guide the little ones. What an awesome assignment god has placed in your heart.

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh friends and BFF's. You so need them in your daily lives. Great things to be thankful for. Sometimes I don't tell them enough.
Great list.

Samantha said...

Beautiful list, wonderful blessings !

Lisa said...

Joy! Not only does it provide strength, it makes our hearts bubble over in thanksgiving! What a gift from God!
Blessings ~ Lisa

Ardy said...

amen! nice post! God bless those people who appreciates His blessings! =)

Angela said...

Awesome! I really need to join in this weekly blog carnival, because I love finding things to be thankful for every day. It helps me remember to keep things in perspective, when I remember how blessed I truly am!

And thought you might enjoy this link for your homeschooling. This is a VERY cool site that I can sit and get lost in for hours. you can play the slideshow backwards or forwards and it's very cool!

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/

Yolanda said...

The precious heart of a child. Something about saying the name of, of...of...Jesus.

So gentle, so soothing, so comforting, absolutely powerful.

Lovingly,
Yolanda

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

Great list! I am thankful that my Bible Study is starting back up in a few weeks, and for a husband that is handy and can fix things, and for my son.

Kelly Combs said...

Found you at Truth4theJourney. I love your blog layout!

Your #1 made me laugh out loud. "Bash your husband's with." Speaking the truth, sister, you're speaking the truth!!!

Glad to meet you.

Morgan@DiaperingandBeyond said...

Exploring God's Creation by Apologeia? Cool! We're using that too- the Astronomy unit. My 5 (almost 6) year old LOVES it so far!