Sunday, August 9, 2009

INTERVIEW WITH KORI AND RICHARD AND EXTENSION!!

The Auction time has been extended!!! It will not end until Wednesday August 12th at 11:59 (est)!!!!!!!!

Y'all heard me speak of Kori and Richard, at least speak in blog world terms. I met Kori through blogging last fall. She has amazed me with her journey and faith. Kori inspires me to be a better person, a better child of God. Richard's insight into what is around the corner for him, his peacefulness and assurance, blows me away. In fact, they both blow me away. Kori had to take her blog private. As a mom, she did it for her boys. When Shannon over at In The NutHouse came up with the idea for the auction (on Tuesday 8/11/09), I asked Kori if I could interview them so those of you who don't know them, can see why Shannon came up with this idea, we so many are participating, why this family is so special to so many of us in blogville. Read On:


Kori, tell us a little about your life?
Whew my life. My life is a tough one. But... it's mine and even though it is stressful, tiring and right now it hurts so bad somedays I feel like I am barely breathing, it's mine and I wouldn't change a thing. God planned this life for me before I was a mere thought in my Mother's mind. This is His plan and I choose to follow him down this path of uncertanties giving Him praise all along the way. I may not understand it right now, and maybe I'm not meant to. But to know that God felt me worthy enough to experience this love and this life by blessing me with my amazing husband and two beautiful boys, well, it just blows me away.


Kori, How are the boys handling your family's situation?
Oh our sweet boys. We have always been very honest with them when it comes to everything going on with Richard's health. For the most part they are handling things quite well. It has taken a lot of adjusting on their part. Richard has always been the active Dad. They used to go camping, fishing and played outside together a lot. There summers were always busy doing fun activities with Dad. But in the past year Richard has not been able to do those things with the boys. And I think that was probably the hardest part for them. But we have family nights several times a week now where we watch movies and play games. They'll snuggle up with Richard and I think it just makes their world a little better. I have been amazed by my boys, they have some unbelievable strength.

Richard, what do you want these readers to learn from you?
Don't take anything for granted. Give glory to God for all that you have and all that you've been given. Be nice to everyone you meet because we never know what burdens others may bare. Take joy in the big things, but do NOT overlook the small ones. Sometimes the small things mean the most.

Kori and Richard, what gets you through this?
Our faith in God and knowing that this life here is not the end. It's only the beginning of a new adventure.

Kori, would you like to say a little about the auction?
We are truly humbled, amazed and inspired by the outpouring of love and support for our family. Thank you all for everything. When I started blogging I never expected to meet all these amazing people and to have them share their lives with me. I am blessed to be a part of the blogging community and to have so many people praying for our family is awe inspiring. I am most thankful for the friendships that will last me a lifetime. You guys truly RoCk and I love you all.



Please help us, help this family, any amount is appreciated. If you are not able to participate in the auction on Tuesday 8/11/09 12:00am to 11:59pm, The McCulley Family's button on my right sidebar is a way in which you can still help. Thank you to all my readers. See ya Tuesday!!

16 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

So sad to hear that their blog is private. i would love to know more about them. What an awesome family and a great interview.
Thanks for sharing.

Kori said...

Oh Janey how I love you.

Heart2Heart said...

Jane,

Still keeping this amazing family in my prayers and I can't wait to see how the auction on the 11th goes. I love this interview because when families as a whole go through something like this, I think they learn a lot. It was wonderful to see just how they are coping and what advice that would share with others that might be facing something similar.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

I think that Kori and RIchard are amazing Christians and I am so glad that I have had the opportunity to "meet" her. I have them on my prayer blog and they are on my mind and in my heart and prayers daily.

Kori - you are amazing!

Debbie said...

I haven't heard of this family before. They sound like incredible people.

Queenie Jeannie said...

What a sweet family. My thoughts and prayers are with them!!

MelRoXx said...

how interesting!

(army)Wife said...

They sound like such an awesome and strong family.

I'm definitely going to participate in the auction tomorrow!

New England Girl said...

What a truly awesome family. I am so happy to be able to participate in their auction tomorrow. And I thank YOU for including this interview... getting to know them and their story a bit better through their words has been a blessing. The strength they all demonstrate is beyond words; I only hope I could act so graciously in the face of such tragedy.

I'm keeping them all in my prayers. See you at the auction tomorrow!

Patrice said...

I heard of the auction, but haven't heard much about this family so I'm really glad you posted this! They sound like an amazing family with an amazing story. Thank you for sharing.

Alicia said...

I wish I could read their blog, but I understand their need for privacy.

What a blessing to have read this interview!

Shelley said...

What a wonderful and inspiring family!! God bless them!!

Janet (Latte Lady) said...

Oh wow... I've been moved.

Janet

(army)Wife said...

Oh yay! I missed it yesterday...I'm heading over there now!

Jen Sue Wild said...

I am heading over..
Thank for passing on the info..

Rebecca Ingram Powell said...

Thanks for sharing this family with us! oh, and your blog is looking good, girl!:)