Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Trim The Fat" Thursday or IE: I SUCK!

Here were my goals from last week:

1. Get in 4 workouts, either swimming or Pilate's.
2. MEASURE myself....from experience I know that the inches will come off of me while the weight will not, at least not as fast...I have to have some type of positives to keep motivated!!
3. STOP eating when I get in from somewhere...I have found when I get home in the evening from being out, whether it's church, grocery store, book store, I tend to eat something....why???

Here is what I accomplished:
blank space

I sucked this week...that's all there is to it. Went to the ENT to have my ear checked (shingles totally gone, hearing fine, some thickening of ear canal) and got weighed...from the first time I went on June 1, I've lost 2 lbs....in 6 1/2 weeks....2 lbs.... the wedding is in 2 weeks...I suck.

The only thing I did accomplish was to buy a 2 quart pitcher, filled it with water, and put it in the frig. Now I have COLD water 24/7. I've done this before and drink a lot more water this way, with lemon of course. My tea pitcher broke 1 yr ago so my old water pitcher is now my tea pitcher, priorities sweet tea vs water, yeah you understand. But now I am able to tell exactly how much I am drinking and I drink water better if it's cold withOUT ice...don't know, some ice hang-up from my past or something.

This week, baby steps...
1. Quart of water daily, drink it that is.
2. No night eating

Yeah, wish me luck!

11 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Good luck!!

New England Girl said...

Good luck this week!!! :)

Whitney said...

Everyone has the suck weeks. It's ok. It will just make you more motivated for next week! You can do it!

Sneaky Momma said...

Sorry the week didn't go as well as you had hoped. I had an off week, too. :(
It might be gross, but I like to buy gallon sized water jugs and keep them in the fridge. I label one with my name and drink directly from it throughout the day. At the end of the day, it is easy to see how much I drank (1/4 = 1 quart) and I do not have to be bothered by getting a glass. :)

Brandy said...

You can do it! Having cold water available is a good idea...I find anything that makes it more accessible helps.

Shannon said...

Oh, you do not suck. Having a bad week is ok... I had one, too and I know we're not the only ones! ;)

The thing is to make sure we get back on track for this next week...

Becky said...

You know what...baby steps are the BEST way, sometimes. Hey, you have a life! And life threw shingles at you. Not freakin easy. In the process you ARE TWO POUNDS lighter. That could be heaver, but it is not. You can only go from here. You have goals. You have some time left, and damnit, you have a water pitcher with COLD water!!! I swear sometimes things like that are half the battle for me. Good for you girl!! Did I mention you have been looking a little thinner??

casey aubut said...

joining the TTTF- so good luck to all of us! I sucked this week too- Im going to start posting this regularly NEXT week!! haha
CAsey

(army)Wife said...

Good luck!!

I do the same thing! I get home from where ever and I snack. Heck, there are times I get home from eating out and I'll pull out a piece of chocolate. Ugh!!

Angie's Spot said...

Hey, don't beat yourself up too much! And that's good to get back to the basics with your baby steps. Take it one day at a time girl. You can do it!

Angela said...

Oh no, you do NOT suck! Go back to your last post (wait, it's late and I may have them out of order, LOL) but you will get the idea - remember who you are, because of Whose you are. Start there, every morning. End there, every night. Remember that you belong to the One Who Was, Who Is, and Who Is to Come. That means that no matter what else happens during your day, you are loved by the One who created everything. How cool is that?! I am trying to remember that too and it is helping with my attitude. I'll be back to write more this weekend when I am not so exhausted, LOL. But until then just remember that! And I am sending you a big hug!