Friday, July 31, 2009

Travel Plans = Stress

Tomorrow, my 22 yr old only-nephew gets married down in Conyers Ga. We will be leaving early in the morning and come home Sunday afternoon. I have 1 brother, his wife and I are great friends, I am going for her. NONE of my family has ever met my daughter, the last time we saw anyone, Colin was 18 mos. My mother and father cut all ties with me 6 yrs ago, she died a year later and my father carried on the tradition. My father will be there just for the wedding. My brother does not speak to me either, he can't understand why I don't contact our father. I have tried.....he does not respond. My 2 aunts and a cousin will be there and I will be thrilled to see them.....my SIL's family will be there and they can't wait to see me. I turned my family situation over to the Lord years ago.......but when something like this comes up it's like huge waves of hurt and anger sweep over me. I will behave myself.....but inside I will be a wreck. I will make it through this, I have my husband and my kids to lead me......and as always, Jesus has my back! So if you would, please just say a short "Keep them safe Lord" prayer for my family this weekend as we travel.

14 comments:

♥georgie♥ said...

I will be saying a prayer for your travels and for you and your father...thats a really tough situation to be in....

(((HUGS)))

Whitney said...

Praying! Have a great time no matter what!

He & Me + 3 said...

You got the prayers. Hope this weekend is a time for rebuilding too.

Heart2Heart said...

Absolutely sending prayers up to the heavens for you. I am asking for peace within you and if God allows it resolution to problems of the past.

I too, sit in the midst of the very similar situation. I have resolved to give it to God and when the timing is right, it will all work out!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Scrappy Girl said...

safe travel wishes sent your way...hope the family drama is at a low level too...I can sympathize. Enjoy the wedding!

Sandy said...

A sad tale interwoven with happiness. Enjoy the trip, travel safely.

CaraBee said...

Family can be such pains in the arse. I've got some divisions in my own family and it really, really sucks. Be strong and try to have a good time!

The Redhead Riter said...

for you...

http://theredheadriter.blogspot.com/2009/08/secrets-friends-and-sharing.html

Angela said...

I'm keepin' ya in my prayers. And I'm hoping you're going to tell me that this wedding is held indoors, because it feels like the hottest, muggiest day yet this summer out there!

Grace said...

I am just getting here today... I'm sure your wedding weekend is over now. I was away on business and such and just am not catching up. I pray that the trip was great. I also pray that if there were any family issues they got resolved quickly. Hugs my friend. I am here and I care.

Grace said...

I had a typo... dang it...

this part should have said:

"...and just am NOW catching up..."
not 'not catching up..."... oops

Shelley said...

I'm sorry I missed this post earlier. You are in my thoughts!!

darnold23 said...

Bass Pro Shops are the male version of Bed, Bath and Beyond:) Thanks so much for sharing. I hope you will join me at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for Crock Pot Wednesdays. The giveaways this weeks are really great!

pam said...

I am behind in blog reading, but just wanted to tell you that even though the situation is over an done with...I am here for you!

xox