Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday


This is my first time, but plan to be a regular. One of the new changes. This is sponsored by Sonya at Truth 4 The Journey. Let's get to it, my 5 Thankfuls.

1. My husband...and that will be a whole new blog post. Let's just say we have been together for over 22 years, can't even begin to imagine if I did not have him. I have a bloggy friend Kori, who will lose her husband soon to colon cancer. My heart is in torment for her.

2. A new friend and sister-in-Christ, Rebecca Powell. God worked through Rebecca to help me see a change of course was needed, in my life and on this blog. Thanks Rebecca! And yes, feel free to go visit her blog and give her a little thankfulness!

3. My youth group. We had movie night last night and let me tell ya, all the kids there are some of the best behaved and fun young people I've ever been around. It is a pleasure to be with them.

4. The rain. It has been mighty dry around here, the relief is welcome!

5. Always and forever, Jesus the Christ, Amen.

16 comments:

Susan D said...

Welcome to TT. Love the look of your blog, very fun. Fantastic list. Will add your friend, Kori and her husband to the prayer list. Blessings, SusanD

Deb said...

Welcome Jane!!!!!!! You will find this is an awesome group of folks who just love to share what our Father is doing in their lives!! It's something I look forward to each week.
Thanks for dropping by my site and hope to see you again real soon!
Blessings!
Deb

Kori said...

Oh Janey how I love you!

Becky said...

What a beautiful list;)

He & Me + 3 said...

That list was perfect. Can't wait to read more about your hubs.

Whitney said...

What a great list!

Greg C said...

Great post. I am so glad that you joined in with us. And thanks for visiting my blog. You are always welcome.

Sandy said...

You have a wonderful list, too! Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting.
I like your blog a lot. Don't know what it was like before, but it's great, now!
Have a blessed day!

♥georgie♥ said...

I really like your list! what a fun meme

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

Jane - welcome to thankful thursday! It is so awesome to be able to thank our precious Lord for the MANY things He does daily for us.

Heart2Heart said...

Jane! This is an amazing blog layout. I am envious and in a good way! I am so glad that you stopped by my blog today and left your kind comments.

Congratulations on this being your first Thankful Thursday! I can't wait to see what else goes on in your life! I have become a follower of yours today!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Janet (Latte Lady) said...

Hi! Nice to "meet" you! Thanks for stopping by. It was my first TT too! I love it!

Janet
www.homeward4.blogspot.com

Rebecca Ingram Powell said...

Jane! I don't think I've ever made a TT post! Wow! Well, girl, I am so honored. I was thrilled to meet you and Kris as well last weekend. I wish I could go to y'all's "teacher's meeting!" I love the changes you are making at your blog--and I, too, am very thankful for our new friendship!

Alicia said...

Jane..loved it!! I can't wait to hear about your hubby too!

Angela said...

Amen! I will be catching up on blogs this weekend. I am sorry I have been so absent lately. Can't wait to see what all the changes are about.

Rebecca's name is very familiar to me and I will be checking out her site too so I can remember why, LOL!

Greetings from Guatemala said...

great idea and great post!!