Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ch, Ch, Ch, Changes...

There are changes coming in the wind for this blog... This past Friday I was at our homeschool curriculum fair. Now I'm sure some of you are not even aware we homeschool, yet that is so much a part of me. I attended a seminar of the infamous, ok famous in my circles, Rebecca Powell. I've been to Rebecca's talks in previous years and have stopped by her booth a few times. But this year Rebecca and I had connected through our blogs (her button is to the right). As my friend Abbe and I were sitting in on her "Mommy Burnout" seminar, I turned to Abbe and commented that Rebecca is just as funny on her blog as she is in real life. You see that is what Rebecca is, real. As we were getting our computer hooked back up and tracking down the original virus, I've had time to think. I've not been very real with y'all. Sure at times I've been funny with cute pictures and cute kids stories, but there is so much more to me, there is a more "real" me. So changes are coming....for me and the jungle. I will be getting a new look and new tag line, although the name will remain the same. You will get to meet the real Jane that you would know in real life if you were here.

Just a preview, as I said earlier we homeschool. Derek will start high school in August and I've been stressed to the max about this. I am very blessed to have a fellow mom who has been through the high school years already, come over one day and help me get myself organized. She was also so encouraging so now it doesn't feel quite as daunting as before. Derek is very hard to motivate, hopefully high school will change that! Will is going to start 7th grade and Colin will start 2nd. Will is the epitome of a homeschool student, some supervision and he'll get his work done. Colin is another story. I've always told my husband it's a good thing he's being homeschooled cause he would be in the principals office daily. He is on his own schedule. Shea tries to do everything Colin does, so she "schools" also in her own way.

I also teach our churches youth Sunday School class and our youth Wednesday night class. I am also the youth director so I do a lot of activities with our youth. In fact this Wednesday is movie night and next Wednesday is a pool party.

I am a child of God. The Lord is my Father above all. I am not the type of person to come up to you on the street and evangelise. I am not the type of person to get in your face and preach to you. But I am a woman of God who tries to LIVE her faith. I fail most days. But I know that each day I get up in the morning, is another day that God gives me to do it better. I will not judge you, lest you judge me and find me failing miserably. But if you need someone who has been there and come out the other side a better person, then I am here for you. My strength is God's grace...always, and He is rock solid.

7 comments:

♥georgie♥ said...

this is the 3rd blog i have read today about changes! I love it!

This is your space and I have enjoyed reading thus far....cant wait to see what tomorrow brings-bet i enjoy your blog even more!

Rebecca Ingram Powell said...

Hey Jane!

Thanks for the shout-out! I loved meeting you at CSTHEA! We spent yesterday at Lake Winnie and got home pretty late last night. So much fun! I will be posting pictures tomorrow (that is the plan, anyway!).

Everyone will love the "real" you! You are adorable!

Greetings from Guatemala said...

I really enjoyed reading this post!! thanks for sharing about your life. I look forward to reading more.

We served in youth ministry for seven years before going to the mission field and we LOVED every minute of it.

Hope your week is off to a great start.

Blessings!

He & Me + 3 said...

Jane,


That was such a great post. It is so cool that we will get to know you a little bit better. I am so excited. yes I did know that you homeschooled, but I didn't know that you were so involved at your church. You are a very busy lady...but that is awesome. Can't wait to read more.

Genny said...

I think change is always good, and so is being real. :) Good for you!

Alicia said...

Well, well, well!!!!

LOL..oh my gosh, I had no idea you homeschooled or were that plugged in to church either!!! That's awesome, my friend! We have kids the same ages, and I can totally relate to the different struggles w/ each child in homeschooling!! I have a 7th, 6th, 4th, 2nd, and 1st grader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to read what's coming up!!

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh, I dont' even know my kids grades! I got too excited! LOL..let me correct myself.

I have an 8th, 7th, 4th, 2nd, and 1st grader!