Thursday, June 4, 2009

Trim The Fat Thursday

2 weeks ago an IRL friend Angie from Angie's Spot started her weight loss quest. Now I told her that I would join her on this. My nephew is getting married Aug. 1 down in Ga. and I would love to be 15 lbs lighter. I have seen no one from my family since C was 18 mos old, he is 7. No one has seen our daughter. I wish I did not feel that I have something to prove but when it comes to my family, that's the way it is. My mother "disowned" me almost 6 yrs ago and died the year after that. My father also chose to basically act like I did not exist, I'm a big girl I can handle that, but they also chose to ignore my children. My mother died before the Girl was born and my father has never acknowledged her. The kids used to get a Christmas card from him, but not lately. I have 1 brother and 1 nephew and a sister-in-law who I have always been close to(my SIL, not my brother). They had one more son who died when he was 4 from complications from chicken pox. My SIL and I talk a few times a year and have always kept up. She is from Vermont and I have had the pleasure of staying with her family up there on vacation, yes prior to BD and the kids. Her Mom and her 2 brothers and 2 sisters are coming down for the wedding and I am so excited to see them!!! My nephew just graduated from UGA and will start med school at Mercer in Macon on Aug 10th, yeah right after the honeymoon! Makes me thankful I'll 16yrs into my marriage and not starting out! Now how I got off on this tangent I do not know but, I want to lose weight. I was going to post about this LAST Thursday but the shingles got their grip on me instead! So to start off my "Trim The Fat" program I weigh, and I know this to be a fact since I've seen so many docs lately, 172 lbs which doesn't look great on a 5ft 2in frame. I want to lose 15 by Aug 1 and will do this by continuing to cook and eat right. Luckily Big Daddy is also still on his weight reduction quest so the cooking lighter has already bee n implemented. In fact I weighed 180 in Jan. And once my pain is reduced to a manageable level, I do plan to take my "10 min Solution Pilates" DVD out of the wrapper. Then I plan to put it in the DVD player soon after!! I'm hoping for 2 lbs off by next Thursday. My long term goal is to get down to 140. I'm comfortable with myself at that weight and I can wear a size 10 then! I'm really going to try for that by November 12th!! And I must pass this along, I read an article a couple of months ago that when you turn 50, if you are heavier you start to look younger then your age and people who are thinner tend to look older. Have I said how excited I am to be turning 50 next year, LOL!!! I guess I've bored y'all enough, on with the day!! Have a great one!

7 comments:

He And Me + 3 said...

Wow girl...I know you can do it and you will. I am trying to firm up a bit too. Those work outs can be pretty tough, but it does have its payoffs. Good luck.

Whitney said...

You can do it!!!!
I know how you feel about "proving yourself." We are having a family reunion this summer, and some of these people we haven't seen in
10+ years!!!!

Heather said...

I'm in the same boat! I'm in a wedding on Saturday and I so wanted to lose weight before but of course I didn't. Now as I sit here in my too tight clothing I really want to make this happen. We can do it!!

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh, Jane..not boring at all!!!

You made me laugh when you said you can't wait for 50!!

You can do it..2lbs a week is doable!!!

Angela said...

you can definitely do it and we will all be in it together! I am trying to lose 10. Three down so far...7 to go (and then hopefully more after that, but 10 is my goal for the moment).

I had been doing really well with the Jillian Michaels DVD, but then I got sick and the next week we traveled and yadda ya. This Monday I started back with it and almost died. Today is the first day I have not been horribly sore...so I guess that means today is the day to do another round. Ow - it already hurts in advance! But at least it works, LOL!

Keep us posted!

Shellmo said...

Sounds like you have a great plan to losing weight and that you've already made great strides! I'm glad you have a good relationship with your SIL - sometimes family relationships are just so darn hard! (I've only spoken to my brother once in the past 5 years - so I know how that goes.) I'm rooting for you!!! :-)

Marisa (Trim The Fat) said...

Love the name of your program!

Good luck, you can do it!