Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Request For Help Please!

During VBS tonight, my friend Tracy came to tell me she had just found out our pastor has Parkinson's Disease. Our pastor is around 60 and he and his wife are raising their 4 yr old granddaughter. These are 2 of the nicest, kindest people you will ever meet. They are just good people. They live simply, no cable or computer, and I'm just afraid they will not be able to get the info they need to deal with this. The internet has become such an integral part of life as we know it, that anytime one of the kids or hubby or I get a diagnosis, it is one of the tools I use to glean info. My computer was down the first few days of my shingles so I did not get all the information I needed to be fully informed at the time I was diagnosed as to what to expect, I thought I would be ok in a few days, didn't know it would take weeks. If any of you know a good site I can reference and especially request info to be sent to me, I would love to be able to help them at least with this. And if any of you have dealt with this before, I would appreciate some insite as well. Like I said, they are such good people and we want to help them as much as possible. Thanks!

4 comments:

Greetings from Guatemala said...

can't offer any advice but I'll be praying!

Holly said...

I can't offer any advice either, but I hope you and your church can find someway to help him. :)

He And Me + 3 said...

I am sorry...I can't help. I dont' know of any sites. I will pray too.

Angela said...

I am so sorry to hear this! I would suggest either webmd, or maybe even Michael J. Fox's foundation website. I think he has some information about the disease itself on his site. I haven't seen it but I saw something about his foundation the other day.

Hugs!