Wednesday, June 3, 2009

OK, What's Up!

Our computer is trying to crash on us. I am running it in safe mode until we can get a computer doc in here. Problem being, I can't do all that I want because of that. So instead of lovely pictures of the SHINGLES all over the left side of my face, you'll just have to imagine!

Try to picture the worst case of poison ivy combined with sun poisoning, big blisters oozing nastiness and paste them in your mind on the left side of my face, in my ear and in my mouth. Oh yeah, are you getting the picture?? They started in my ear weekend before last, traveled down my jaw line to my teeth. And that was just the pain. The breakout started last Tuesday. I went to the doc and got prednisone and Valtrex my new buddy. The valtrex kept it from going hog wild on my face. Now as bad as I looked and I could have been in Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video without makeup, the pain was excruciating. I've broken my femur, had 2 kids natural, sprain my ankle twice bad enough the docs thought it was broken, acute appendicitis, but nothing compares to this. By this past weekend, I did not know if me or the pain was going to win. I was taking 2 percocets every 4 hours just to sleep, the pain never left. And I finally understood how people overdose on perscription meds. I was just desperate for it to stop. I do not remember being so scared at any other time like that.

Big Daddy took care of the kids the whole weekend meaning he kept them out of the house and out of my bedroom. I must have been bad cause he didn't do that when I got home from the hospital! I went back to the doc on Monday and went to the ENT that afternoon. Luckily he doesn't feel there will be permanent hearing loss. He vacuumed out my ear and then tested to see how much hearing I had. I am on a different pain med that so far has not impressed me.

My blisters are healing and now I have black scabs instead. I still will not go out of my house unless it is to the Doc or pharmacy. And don't worry, after computer is fixed, I plan to have a "Gross Out" Friday Foto Finish just for FUN!!

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh Jane...my friend...I'll be praying for you. It sounds painful. I'm so sorry that you are going through this!!

HUGS,
Alicia

Shannon said...

Gah! You poor thing! Glad to hear the hearing loss shouldn't be permanent... hope you feel better soon!

Kori said...

Oh Janey I am so sorry. I remember last October when Jacob had the shingles in the middle of his back and all down his right arm and hand. He would just cry and scream. It was awful. Praying you get to feeling better soon.

Whitney said...

Bless your heart...I hope you heal quickly!

Becky said...

Oh.

My.

Word.


You poor poor baby!

That sounds absolutly horrible!
Thank goodness your husband is being a dear.
I hope this is over for you soon!


(and maybe some pictures when the computer is fixed??)

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

Oh man! I'm sorry! I hope it gets better soon for ya. hugs

He And Me + 3 said...

OMGosh, that is horrible. I am so sorry. I hope that you are feeling better and healing quickly. OuCH.

Angela said...

Ow OW yow!! Poor you! I am so sorry. I hope it is feeling much better soon. That sucks!! I had Chicken Pox as a kid and had Reye's Syndrome to go with. Fun times. But I have heard shingles is just awful. Sending you a big hug!