Monday, June 8, 2009

Not Happy

Normally I try to keep my blog upbeat, fun and cute. Because that is basically the way I try to be...except for the cute, I'm so past that. And no, do not ask my kids cause they'll tell ya how mean and hateful I am and how great their dad is, they're right he is...most of the time. And right now I could really care less about their opinion, I've heard enough of them!! But I just need to get it all out. Ya know I have shingles, if ya don't, start here and the come back. Now it has been over 2 weeks since this crap started in my ear. The lovely blisters have dried up and I only have a few scabs left, that makes me puke just writing it. Yes I am vain, I do not like having something on my face my makeup can't cover up!! But the worst part... the pain! It starts in my inner ear, runs my jaw line and ends with my teeth... upper and lower on my left side. I.can't.stand.it........ I have taken all the meds I can find...nothing makes it go away!!!! The most I can hope for is taking the edge off. I could burst into tears right now it hurts so bad, I'm just waiting for the extra meds to kick in so I can go to bed, one of them has a sleep thingy in it!!! The worst part... don't know when it will end....and for some lucky people, it doesn't. OK now it's out there and I didn't even cuss! And yes, I feeling guilty complaining, when I know there are so many people in much worse situations then I am in. But tonight, I just needed to vent. Back to happy go lucky tomorrow.

9 comments:

Alicia said...

Jane..I'm so sorry you are dealing w/ this right now!!

I'll be praying for you!!!

lailani said...

Oh I am sorry I missed the original posting! Bless your heart! I had shingles on the right side of my face when I was 24 - and found out I was pregnant a little over a week after the diagnosis. Don't feel quilty - it is miserable! I remember thinking that I looked like I had been beat up. I also remember how the cool part of the pillowcase felt so good when trying to sleep- so get a silky, satinee case and flip away. I will warn you, if it is in your ear (I did not have scabs - but could feel it there and my hearing went in and out), you might notice "in and out" in your hearing for months after. I could still hear, but it would do this weird thing, like muffled. I am sorry the meds they gave you did not work fast, I hope it clears up super duper fast for you! Hang in there, it will pass . . .

Shellmo said...

Jane -you poor baby! I hope this clears up for you soon and that you feel better!!

P.S. Do you live in Chattanooga??? We are driving down to spend time w/ one of the hubby's customers and that's where we'll be.

Kari said...

Over from SITs to say hi! I'm sorry you're going through this. My mom had shingles and said it was one of the worst things she ever had to deal with. Hope you are up and at 'em soon.

New England Girl said...

oh, Jane... how awful! I'm SO sorry to hear about all the pain you're in. It sounds dreadfully awful. And girl, don't worry about venting!! Everyone needs to do it once in awhile, especially when they're in pain!

Sending lots of hugs and well wishes your way. I hope things clear up for you sooner than later!

Alicia

Whitney said...

DO NOT feel guilty complaining! It's your blog - write what you want! BLOG IT OUT! Ha!
I'm so sorry you are dealing with this crap! I'm praying for you and sending good thoughts your way!

Katherine Aucoin said...

i had no idea you were suffering from shingles...I will say a prayer for you and keep good thoughts that this crap is over with soon so you can enjoy your summer with your children. Keeping good thoughts for you!

Angela said...

I agree with others! Do NOT feel bad about venting! That is what friends are for and believe me, I do not deal well with pain so I totally understand when things are just too much! I will keep you in my prayers!

Shannon said...

UGH. Sometimes you just have to let it out... so don't feel badly about venting!