Sunday, June 14, 2009

Meet The Other Kids

I've had animals in my life since I was 2 yrs old and I got my first Siamese cat, Penny. Needless to say, my children have inherited that love of animals. But then they also have been raised with many companions so it was kind of a given. You've seen a lot of the dogs. They interact all the time with the kids so it's easy to get pictures of them...just follow the kids around! And so here is another photo of Lulu..C's Best friend!
This is Cassie. She is a Balinese I rescued along with her sister Cate. I don't know what she was looking at. C has officially declared Cassie HIS cat!
This is Cate, Cassie's twin. She is amazing with The Girl. Lets her carry her draped over her arms. And Girl takes her everywhere!! Cate is HER cat!
This is Sammie. She is a torte Siamese I adopted from a rescue group 10 yrs ago. I love this cat and this cat loves me! My hubby does NOT love this cat and she does NOT love him!! She is not a lap cat and she is only just now coming around to letting others touch her. Before now, it's only been me.
Cate and Cassie, bonding.
And of course Annabelle in her crate. Girl has now declared Anna to be her dog, yeah right! I love those ears!! She is afraid of the cats until she gets in her crate....then she's all dog vs cat!!
I still find it so hard to know that she spent the first 6 months of her life out on the streets! So glad the Tn Rescue Group were able to get her and her brother.

Lizzy, W's dog, part Golden Retreiver part chow we think. She is big, goofy and will follow those kids to the end of the earth!! This is the only one we've not gotten from rescue or the humane society. We got her from a friend when I was expecting Girl. Maybe that's why she's so kid attached....
And of course Oliver! I adopted him from the humane society 12 yrs ago. He is the only male and is totally alpha. I call it small dog syndrome!! He is D's although as he gets older, he comes to me for just about everything...including tucking into bed at night... yea, my bed! It is cute when I wake up in the morning and he's on Big Daddys pillow!! But I don't think Big Daddy see's the humor in that, LOL!!

So there is the intro to the other kids. The cats are a little off balance, we only have 3. My 18 yr old tabby died last month....I'm ready to get my numbers even again.......hmmmm is Big Daddy??

17 comments:

Nana said...

I know Papa would give that a big HELL NO! Ha Ha Ha, he's not the animal lover I am.

Nana said...

I just read about your shingles, YUCK!! I hope you are feeling better. Those things can be so terrible.

Becky said...

I have never heard of a Balanise. What a beautiful cat! I love all your fur babies;)

Alicia said...

Wow! You have alot! We just have two! One dog & one pup!

He And Me + 3 said...

My kids would love to live at your house. We dont' have any pets...although we are looking to getting a doggie. They are just precious, all your 4 legged kids:)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Wow!! You have alot of fur babies!!! Loved all the pictures and histories. I'm really missing my Sasha so much. I think if I bring in another cat my husband is gonna have a fit.

It's really getting to the point that it's worth the risk though, lol!

Cassandra-ann said...

I just wanted to pop over and say 'hi!' and thanks for taking the time to leave such wonderful comments on my blog...
Its nice to meet another home schooling mom of many :-)

I love all your fur babies, they are gorgeous, we only have 2 dogs as hubby is allergic to cats, although i would LOVE to get a kitten... maybe one day, In the mean time i'll just have to enjoy seeing and reading about other peoples!

Cassandra xx

Nancy said...

OH I love all your fur babies! They are just precious! Hope you have a wonderful day! Nancy

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

I want a dog so bad for my son. I want something like a chocolate lab or maybe a golden retriever. Your doggies are adorable. I love cats too!!

New England Girl said...

Your other kids are TOO CUTE!! :)
Thanks for sharing with us. I can't get over fur babies... so sweet and precious.

Also, left you an award over at my blog. Hope you enjoy it, girl!

Alicia

Angela said...

I love ALL pets! Yours look like they all get along great! I really do think no family is complete without pets. Lots of pets! LOL!

Little Miss Baker said...

I have a 'mese too!! He's a seal point and is to DIE for!! How awesome :) Thanks for stopping by my site the other day my friend!! See you soon! xo

Jessica said...

Hello there, just blogwalking! :)

I love your black golden retriever! Golden Retriever is my ultimate favorite breed. They're so cute and they seem so friendly. I'm planning to buy one soon. Any tips on petting a retriever?

Mighty M said...

Cute! You sure have a big family!! ;-)

Jennifer said...

OMG you've got some beautiful animals there!!

(army)Wife said...

All your animals are so cute! My 6 month old LOVES our pups. He loves to pet them and watch them. It's a good thing they love him back. They just sit there and let him pet them and grab at their fur :)

Stereos and Souffles said...

Stopping by from SITS, love all the animal pics! I am a big animal lover as well.