Saturday, June 20, 2009

June 21st

Happy Fathers Day to Big Daddy,! It's a special one at our house. See what we have to look forward to??

Our oldest, D, turns 15 tomorrow. Now Big Daddy looks old enough to have a 15yr old but I am quite positive I do not!!! But when I see the above picture, I know my wrinkles are just around the corner. I have been letting D drive my van around the church parking lot for practice since he is itching to get his learners permit. And before you ask, yes I make sure the parking lot is empty first. I taught my BFF's 2 oldest kids to drive of which I am grateful, it is making it easier to deal with mine. I love having him drive the van. Cause we all know how cool 15yr olds look driving Mom's mini-van, LOL!!!! He'll look cooler at 16 I'm sure when he can drive it without me........ man I still can't believe it's been 15 yrs that I've been a Mom....you would think I would be better at it by now!!!!

Happy Birthday D..... Love Ya...... Or I wouldn't be letting ya drive my van!!!!!

9 comments:

Becky said...

Oh man...I feel ya sister. We go take the written part of the test next week...YIKES! Then she'll be like legal to drive if I'm with her! Double Yikes!

Happy Bday D!

Heather said...

LOL on the word verification. You're never gonna believe this but when you commented about your wv being farting I couldn't figure out what you were talking about...I finally decided wv must have meant "weight variation" as in the 1 lb you lost...I was thinking "wow that was a LOT of gas!!!!"

HHAHAHAHAHAHA good thing I finally figured it out!! :)

pam said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Father's Day!

Love the picture:)

He And Me + 3 said...

Wow...I am not looking forward to the driving days. Happy Birthday D.
Happy Father's day too~

Design it Chic said...

Happy B-day for D! I can imagine how he feels in the van..like rocking "highschool musical"-ish:P No, seriously now.. i bet it's a big thing for him and it's so cool that you're helping him getting there!
Have fun you guys and watch out for the old lady in the corner of the parking lot:)))

Have a nice weekend!

Shellmo said...

That photo is too funny! My stepson is 5 years away from driving - thank goodness! LOL!

J.J. said...

Cool pic :p

I am new to your blog....ans also a Mom to 4 kiddos. Mine aren't 15 yet...my oldest is 7. Good luck with the driving!

Whitney said...

Oh my word!

Audrey said...

Our boys had the advantage of living on a farm with a 1/2 mile driveway to learn to drive on. Good luck and have fun teaching your 15yr old to drive!!