Sunday, June 7, 2009

Chick Tale

D is on tour right now so we're down to 3 kids. I'm always kind of on a low burn pins and needles when any of the kids are away. This is the first summer in 7 yrs that W has not played all-star baseball, there is not a team for his age. He is enjoying his summer off actually, gardening and trying to talk his dad and I into getting chickens. I'm assuming the boys just want to watch the dogs run around more, cause that is exactly what would happen until one of them caught a chicken, and then I wouldn't want to be at home in that case. When I was growing up my brother had a dachshund named Johnny. And for some reason the cub scouts got baby chicks at Easter. We lived in the city, Athens Ga. My father built a mini-coup, chicken coup not car, for Bobby the chicken. One day my brother got Bobby out and was walking him around the front yard. Johnny saw this and hit the front door so hard it popped open. Yeah you got it, Dog Vs Chicken...... Dog won. It was not pretty. I do not want a repeat. C's dog Lulu is the most mild mannered, docile, lazy dog I've ever known....until the rabbit got into the back yard..... I didn't look... Lulu won.... No Chick Repeats Around Here W....!!!

10 comments:

Shellmo said...

No more chicken fatalities - LOL!! I know Marvin the cat would gladly chomp on one.

He And Me + 3 said...

I am reading this going OMGosh. That is crazy. Yea, I wouldn't want to watch or be around either. Yikes.

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh...that would be a site to see...NOT!

Rebecca Ingram Powell said...

My former pastor would not even eat chicken because of stuff like that that had happened in his childhood. A Baptist preacher who will not eat chicken? yeah--some things call for prevention rather than intervention!

LenaLoo said...

Thanks for coming by buddy... Yeah chickens and dogs do not make good friends lol...

♥georgie♥ said...

we have a dachshund as well and a few weeks ago she chased a squirrel into the house it was NOT pretty! I feel your pain
Happy Monday

Denise said...

Yeah, talk about some life lessons there! Isn't if funny how dogs have a way of "teaching" you kids about the hard facts of life?

It's funny you mentioned getting chickens. Just this weekend I was thinking to myself that maybe we should move to the country so I can plant a garden (against my neighborhood rules!!!) and get chicken (if I can't have a garden I sure can't have chickens!) But I'm too lazy to move again, so I guess I'll get my eggs from the grocery store.

Dropping by to visit a fellow Estrogen Extravaganza member!

Becky said...

I think that is waaayy to much excitment. Didn't the fried squirrel keep them happy enough for this year??

Nope...no dead chicken posts please:)

Katherine Aucoin said...

I couldn't handle the dog vs. chicken either. I guess it needs to be one animal at a time.

Always a Southern Girl said...

This gives me quite a chuckle. I remember one easter we got baby chicks. Well we had the same kind of thing happen. White chicken feathers all over the yard and sticking out the dogs mouth. Like you said not pretty.