Thursday, March 26, 2009

C's HUGE Day-Friday Foto Finish

Birthdays are HUGE at our house! I want the kids to always remember their Day! They pick out what they want for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They can eat out each time (whoohoo no cooking) or I will fix whatever they want! For C we had McDonalds for breakfast-he wanted pancakes, Olive Garden for lunch and Big Daddy met us there, and we had church that evening but luckily we were having spaghetti which C loves and he hasn't figured out the trick yet that if you miss one birthday meal it carries over to another day, his brothers Have figured that one out!

Gifts are opened when everyone is up which also means you have permission to wake up any late sleeping siblings!! And yes, school is out also! This is the pruning saw he "needed".

This is just a typical look of C, couldn't resist posting it!

Bolt and Lego Star Wars for the Wii. Bolt is in the dvd player in the van and the Wii has been going and going. Oh yeah, another b-day perk, the birthday kid is in charge of the remote and the TV ALL DAY!!!

The Grill! Although he wanted it so he can use it for smoking meat. And yes, he smoked some bologna today for lunch although one slice did fall in the coals. His next project will be smoked hot dogs which I LOVE even though hot dogs are not high on my list of favorite foods. But ladies, smoked meatloaf is the bomb!! And I do not like meatloaf! Big Daddy came across a recipe years ago and convinced me to try it. It is the ONLY way I will eat it. So now I have C to smoke for me now and how bad does that sound?? And oldest brother D and Big Daddy want a new BIG DADDY smoker. We were getting BD one for Christmas but it will be Fathers Day probably. So as you can tell, C comes by the Grill/Smoker gene honestly, LOL!! He had a great day and his kid party will be Saturday. It will include a mud pit so oh yeah, there will be pictures!!


Have a great weekend and join in the Friday Fun with Candid Carrie!!

16 comments:

jen721 said...

Happy birthday C. It looks like a fun day AND mom got out of cooking. Lucky her.
:)

Susie said...

It looks like he had a great birthday!!

Angie's Spot said...

Birthdays were never a big deal when I was a kid, so I'm trying really hard to make things special for my girls. When they hit school age, I'm going to do something very similar to what you are doing. It lets me live vicariously too. LOL!

Shellmo said...

You really know how to celebrate birthdays at your house! Your kids will have great memories! And how cute that C wanted a grill!

He And Me + 3 said...

What a very special day. I want to have my birthday at your house. How fun for C. what great birthday traditions. Happy birthday C.

Becky said...

What a cutie he is!

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

Happy Bday to C! What a cool mom you are. I love your traditions.

American in Norway said...

Looks like he had a great day! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Melissa B. said...

Such Superior Snaps! Thanks so much for sharing...And, Happy B-Day, C!

Missy said...

Wow! You know how to celebrate a birthday! I may have to borrow some of your ideas.

Ann On and On... said...

A mud pit? I look forward to the photos.

I think it is so cool that you make birthdays special. You rock!

Karen said...

Great photos!!

Happy Birthday C and enjoy using that grill!!

Mud pit ? That sound interesting and a lot of fun :-)

oº˚ Anissa ˚ºo said...

Looks like he had a great time! Thanks for sharing

skoots1mom said...

MY GIRL'S BDAY IS 2MORROW...HP, C!!
LOOKS LIKE A FUN DAY 2 ME :)

lmerie said...

I think that kiddo had a birthday to remember - pretty cool that he likes smoking meats already! Enjoy all the future nights of not cooking! hehe

Nana said...

Mmmmmm smoked balogna, sounds as good as smoked cat meat.

The party looks great!!