Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Why Wednesday?

OK this is a general question. I've looked and read and can't find a logical answer. The price of gas here is going up, why? I read yesterday, oil is below $38 a barrel again, but gas is up, hello??? Now I'm not saying it's anywhere near what it was this summer, but it is up about $.20 from last month. Why??
And one last thing, I read in the paper last month of how one of the oil cartel members felt that oil should be trading at $75 a barrel. Now he made this comment when oil had slid to $45 a barrel. Where were his comments when it was trading at $140 a barrel??? Oh yeah, feel real sorry for ya now, waaa-waaa!!!

7 comments:

He And Me + 3 said...

I know..we are frustrated with the prices going up when the price of a barrell is down or the same. It's just not right. We were lowest a few weeks ago at 1.47 now we are 1.89 ugh Still glad to be under 2.00, but really? I agree with you.

{ashley b} said...

It has gone up a little here too. It's frustrating but I'm still breathing my sigh of relief that it's below $2. Too bad the world is so darn greedy.

♥georgie♥ said...

that gas stations are so quick to riase gas prices when oil goes up BUT soooo slow to dop gas when oil comes down...it is a conspiracy i tell ya ;-)

Nana said...

No Kidding. You call those guys up and tell them all your burning questions and let me know what they say.

Aspiemom said...

It was the ONE thing that was favorable in the economic world, when everything is so tight. I was sad to see the price going up here, too.

lmerie said...

See I think it really is a big conspiracy - and no one knows who the conspirator is. The cartel pulled millions of barrels last month to up the price. Hubby heard on the news last week the fluctuations are due to the uncertainty of things in Israel/Gaza. BUT, wouldn't that actually affect the cost per barrel - not just our pump prices. tisk tisk . . . someone is corrupt I do believe.

Bylinda and James said...

OPEC met in November to DECREASE production so that they could INCREASE prices. It takes about a month for the market to catch up to the decisions made. Prices will continue to increase, UNFORTUNATELY! :(