Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goal 2009

I must say I do not do resolutions. Been there, done that. But, I've been so into this new year so far that I've decided to set a goal. I have just been excited to see 2009. Lots of anticipation but I have no idea why??? But I do know a way that I would like to change and why! I need a new attitude. My goal for 2009 is to loosen up! I get so wrapped up in what should be, I don't enjoy what is. I am literally going to force myself to stop, breathe and take a step back on those occasions when I can feel my blood pressure sky-rocket and the flames are coming out of my ears!! And yes, the kids and/or Big Daddy are usually involved. I seem to hold it together better when it is not them! So now, my goal is to hold it together when it is them. Cause basically, in the whole scheme of things, what sets me off sometimes just isn't all that! Now, don't get me wrong there are times when it's warranted, but I'm talking about the times when exploding is NOT the way to react!! So I'm gonna learn to chill! And I have a feeling the relationships that mean the most to me, will be better for it!

That's the biggie, the other is a family goal. Big Daddy has been told for 2 years to lose weight and he keeps piling it on. Well now his health is affected so it's time and he is willing to do it!! I need to get in better shape also and would like to lose a few! So our family goal is to get healthy! I'm joining in Think Thin Thursday as a support for this goal! Check it out!

15 comments:

sandy said...

Good Luck Jane:)

lmerie said...

Happy New Year! Sounds like good goals - I like the think thin thursday idea - good support!

Bridgette said...

Sounds like great goals! Welcome to Think Thin Thursdays! Good Luck this week!

Nana said...

Sounds good to me. I wil have to stop yelling at Papa and no more drinking whip cream. Happy New Year!

Nana said...

Yes, that is snow on the roof tops. We are supposed to get more.

He And Me + 3 said...

I hear ya! Those are great goals & I am all for the getting healthy one! I will certainly have to check out the Think Thin Thursday.

Becky said...

Good for you! The best way Big D is going to lose weight is if he has someone to do it with and support him with it!

Good Luck!

LenaLoo said...

I am with ya on the Think Thin Thursdays (will be doing it in my 101 blog)... Happy New Year!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Those sound like some very worthwhile goals! I know you can do it!!!

Kacey R. said...

That sounds like a great goal...one I should also set out to do! Good luck! I am sure you can do it! Happy New Year!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Great goals!!
Good luck with them.

Jennifer said...

Happy New Year!!

Good luck w/ your fitness regime--family walks might be a fun thing you could all do together!

♥georgie♥ said...

Happy new year-Great Goals!

tara @ kidz said...

You are amazing. I don't think you need to change one bit, but good luck with your ideas for improvement! We're also trying to be more healthy this year. We're doing '8 Minutes in the Morning' and a few other things. I love having that feeling of renewal that the new year brings!!!

Butterfly Kisses said...

I have had the exact same thoughts for 2009 myself. I get so wrapped up in what "should be" instead of just enjoying the blessings God had blessed me with. Now that I have a new baby and 2 kids I want to work on having a more positive attitude about life then I normally do. I think your resolution is great!!

BTW....I have the award posted...finally...shewwww....

It was such a hectic holiday I didn't know if I was comin or goin most of the time.