Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to The Girl







Happy Birthday Girl!! It seems like you've been here forever, or at least as long as your brothers. I remember when your oldest brother was born. How your Daddy was so in awe and completely taken away by him. The bond between them was tangible. I wondered why I didn't have the same bond with him that your father seemed to, mine was different. I was the Mama. And with all of your other brothers, once again, I could see that bond and try to find it but never quite get there. Your brothers are bonded to me differently. I'm their Mama, they adore me, and pick on me, and think I'm funny, and think I'm nuts most of the time, but I just don't seem to "get" them like your Daddy does. Then, you came along. From the moment I first held you, and yes I was scared to death of having a girl I was so boy oriented, I "got" you. I finally understood what your Daddy had been showing me with the boys. I understood you and I knew you from that very first look. Of course my first words were "She looks exactly like the boys" but I knew you in a way I never knew the boys. You are such a treasure to me. And we have that bond that Daddy and the boys have. He and they don't "get" you, but that's ok cause your mama does. Your Daddy and your brothers absolutely adore you, unless C is in the mood to sell you to the Chinese when you two are fighting. But, oh what joy you are to me. I know things will be rough at times and your boys will drive you crazy, but none of us can even begin to imagine what it would be like without you. And even though I was pretty up there in age when you were born, I cherish you more because of that! So baby girl, oh excuse me.... small girl, I am so happy for these past 3 years and can't wait for the many more we'll have together. Cause you see, God truly blessed me when he sent you to my arms! He knew how much I needed you! Happy Birthday my Girl!!

18 comments:

Becky said...

Oh a Christmas Baby!!!

You can see even in that newborn picture those beautiful eyes she has!

Happy Birthday Big Girl!

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

Awwww how sweet = happy birthday!!!

lmerie said...

Happy Birthday to you all! Very Sweet Post!

Lolli said...

Oh! Precious! Happy Birthday to your little Girl!
PS--I finally got around to posting your Cullens award. Thanks for that! :)
http://1momof5.blogspot.com/2008/12/awarded.html

MuseSwings said...

Stop by - I have an award for you!
Cynthia

Nana said...

That was so sweet Jane and, so true. I have 2 boys and 2 girls. I know what you mean and, yes the snow was great!!!

He And Me + 3 said...

What a super sweet post! Oh my how she has change as she is growing into a little girl. Just precious pictures:) Happy Birthday!

tara @ kidz said...

WOW. Those pix are so sweet and you truly are so blessed to have her! Her eyes just bring you in.... lovely.

Jane - oh my goodness - I haven't got my mail for a few days, but when I got it today, I had a package from you. I LOVE the Noel sign. It is so pretty, especially because it's from you! You have no idea how much it means to me. I felt like it was Christmas!!! Oh wait. ;O)

Susy said...

She looks like a sweetie! I love my little girl so much. The bond of mother and daughter is amazing isn't it?! Enjoy her as I enjoy mine they grow so quickly

Jennifer said...

Aw!! Such cute pics! Happy Birthday to her!

And I definitely know what you mean about "getting" the girls!

Pretty Organizer said...

Ahh... She's adorable.

Looking over your blog lady... I want to eat the cheeks of your little two year old! She's a complete doll! What a great Christmas and super pictures... LOVE Santa:)

I'm back in bloggland again. Took a super break with all of our relatives. 19+ on the big day... Now I need to take that dogg'n tree down! Sigh...

Hope all is well with you:) Thank you so much for your awesome nomination. You're the award queenie! Congratulations.

Davisix said...

Awwwww....Happy Birthday sweet girl. She has amazing eyes!!! Love the pics. :) Ang

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Great pictures! I love your blog! So cute. I hopped over from Davisix!

Buttercream Cottage said...

What a doll! Happy Birthday!

nikkicrumpet said...

awwww Happy Birthday to your beautiful little girl!!!

Cassandra said...

Happy Birthday to the girlie!

Thanks so much for posting my button! And for the compliments, he will love that!

breelyn_faith said...

Happy Bday to your little girl! She is just beautiful!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ahhh! Happy birthday to your precious!!!!