Monday, December 29, 2008

From The Oven.........................Acorns????





I was on the phone one afternoon last week with my friend A. I was in the living room talking with her, laughing, having a good ol' time. I walked into my kitchen to warm up my coffee. I notice all 3 boys in there and D had his hand on the oven door. He looked at me waved and grinned. I walked past them to the coffee pot, turned around and saw D with my oven mitt on closing the oven door. Now, I'm a true multi-tasker who can drink her coffee, carry on a phone conversation AND figure out what the kids are into. Seems like my oldest hasn't caught onto that fact yet. I opened the oven door, looked in and on a big pan were .... acorns.....leaves....dirt.... in.my.oven! I explained to A what was going on so she could listen to the conversation I was going to have with D, yes she was ROFL. I asked "What are those?" D " Acorns" me "Why" D "To feed the deer", I stopped there cause A was whooping in my ear and I really was trying to hold it together. So I took a breath and continued but you must know this, we live in a subdivision, no deer. Me "I don't believe I've seen any deer around here lately" D "It's for Granny's" (she also lives in a subdivision) Me "I don't believe there are deer at your grandmothers" D "There could be if they smell these acorns" Me, dumbfounded at this point, " Ok but I don't think so" D "She's got some woods, there could be." At this point I just gave in on the deer point, Me "Why are they in the oven?" D"We're drying them out, they were wet. Do we have any more salt?" Me "I'm not sure the deer will like salted acorns" ALL the boys "yes they will, you can buy salt blocks for them at Sportsman Warehouse" Me "It's in the pantry" D "Never mind. I'll just use molasses, they'll like it better" I thought A was splitting a gut on the other end. I just took my coffee and myself back to the living room realizing there was just no reasoning at this point. A was still on the floor. Big Daddy got home and found the gallon size bag of toasted, roasted, and molassesed acorns on the coffee table in the living room. He held it up and very puzzled asked "What's this" D told him. He looked at me and I said "It's for the deer" BD "Where" Me "At your mom's" BD " Well, ok". Alright, was I the only one in the house who does not understand toasting nasty dirty acorns for the deer that are nowhere to be found.... Hello...... Where am I again...... Oh that's right..... BoyLand!!

10 comments:

Amy B said...

Oh I have three boys...I so know about BOYLAND...and know what..they NEVER out grow it...and for the most part I am glad.

Hugs

breelyn_faith said...

Kids do some very interesting things don't they?

Just letting you know I didn't forget the award you gave me. I love it and will be posting is very soon.

angi_b72 said...

lol....that is too funny!! I have gorls, so I don't get to experience all that "boy" stuff!

Cassandra said...

OH my! Gotta love boyland! I am right there with you & I just don't get most of it! But hey they make life entertaining!

Kori said...

Boyland is the best.

He And Me + 3 said...

Boyland is so different from girl land. I love it though...their minds are always working to find the most fun & the most dirt. Gotta love it!

Shellmo said...

I do admire the boys creativity! ha,ha,ha!!!

Becky said...

There is no logic in boyland.....

Jennifer said...

LOL--that totally sounds like something my boys would do! I hope the deer enjoy their baked molassed acorns!!

Nana said...

O.K. you missed your chance. I would have told Big Daddy that stuff was granola and would he mind telling you how he thought it tasted. See at our house stuff like that happens all the time. I am a Pepsi freak, if I can't drink the whole thing I will put it in the fridge for later. (it stays cold and doesn't get watery.) I put my Pepsi in the fridge one afternoon because I had a Dr. appt. I came home remembered my good old Pepsi was waiting for me. I took a huge swig and ACK!!!! My brother had been by and filled my glass with Bourbon and Soy Sauce. I nearly choked to death. I had a cold so I didn't smell anything. It did make my throat feel good. Also, Jane I am new at
this blogging stuff and I am not
hip to the jive. I have no idea
what ROFL even means.
You have a good night in Boy Land!