Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cards For Amy B.

For Amy B....
A lot of you remember my post about
AmyB. This is an amazing woman with a sick son who is now sick herself. She had surgery last week on 2 masses on her neck and the report is they are cancer. Her surgery was very extensive and will take months of recovery. My heart breaks for her yet at the same time I am in total awe of her and her strength. If you don't know her, please take some time to read about her...and her son, Philip....and her family. Another bloggy friend Ang, posted this about her today:

I received this e-mail this morning.....
Angie,I have noticed that you follow Amy's blog (Our Daily Blessing - Life).Some of her good friends from other areas of the internet thought it might be nice for her to get cards and notes via snail-mail. I am not a blogger and am unsure how I would go about contacting some of you that are very diligent at reading and commenting on her blog.Would you be able to help spread the word or would you know a way toget the word out? As we can't comment on her blog... well, we could but then we'd be at the whim of when Jim accepts the comments...I know how much she values her new blogger friends, it helps boost herspirits. Anyone that would want to do this could send me an email andI can provide her address.Thanks,Grace (aka Slick)

So, I wrote Grace back and told her that I thought this was a wonderful idea, that I would blog about it, and how I wished I knew Amy in person. She wrote back with these beautiful words about Amy....

Angie... It's amazing how wonderful a person she is. I met her througha diet forum.. and we live less than 50 miles away. God brought ustogether as friends and we quickly grew into best friends. I can'teven imagine walking a mile in her shoes... before her own issueseven. It is a hard situation that she is going through. She is toughand a bull dog... she just needs to get her toughness back right now.Our way we respond to our situations and our attitude about our livescolor how we handle things. She is going to fight this with fullforce... she just needs a little boost to start the journey.Thank you again for the wonderful support that you give her. I knowshe and the family value it more than you can ever imagine!- Grace

So, if you would like to send this incredible woman a card or sentiment of any kind, please e-mail Grace at iamslickchick@yahoo.com She will send you Amy's physical address.
On a last note....Grace said this....
And another thought... if any of them ... the other family bloggers... want to post about it too... to spread the wealth around.. thatwould be great... I just don't have enough hours in the day to go blogreading much... so I might never know if someone else besides you everblogged about it. So... if anyone else wants to do it... perhaps they could zap me a fast email telling me they are doing it too?


For anyone that can, please help us in bringing Amy B so much needed love and hugs via snail mail, so she will have something to see while she is recovering and then after treatment starts. Even if you just add her to your Christmas card list. And please post a link about this on your own blog so we can get the word spread wide and far!!

And please keep Amy and her family in your prayers. When you get a little extra bloggy time, go visit her blog and read about what an extraordinary woman she is.
Love you Amy!

11 comments:

Davisix said...

Beautiful Jane. I wish we could do more, but I know when she receives lots of cards that her spirits will be lifted. HUGS to you!!! xoxo Ang

Simple Answer said...

That is a really sweet thing you are doing! Bloggy love does lift the spirits!

tara @ kidz said...

I am totally sending an email to get her address. She definitely needs all the support she can get right now!

I'll also do a post about this on Thursday if that's ok. I want to help as much as I can!

Thanks for letting me know about this Jane and for participating in TTMT!

Femin Susan said...

Hello……
This is amazing!! I am so glad to found your blog!
You are welcomed to my blog…….
Wishing you in advance "A Merry X'Mas and A Happy New Year''

breelyn_faith said...

Aww my heart goes out to Amy. Yall are so sweet to do this for her.

Nana said...

I will be praying for her.

Trying to Stay Calm! said...

Stopping by to say have a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna

Alex and Alicia said...

WOW! What a wonderful thing to blog about... I will surely be sending an email to get her address. I know how much a simple card can really brighten a day- nevermind 100s! Hopefully lots will jump on for this great cause. :)

Thanks for stopping by today! I've added us as a follower to your blog. Hope you'll keep visiting us (I am really loving this blogging thing... still new to it! :) ).

Alicia

Jennifer said...

That is a great way to support her! I certainly wish her a quick and complete recovery!

Jen @ JenuineJen said...

I will be sending her a card. Thanks for being such a good friend to her!
BTW, I am here from SITS, which I just joined this week.

Lori said...

Stopping by from SITS. Wishing you a blessed holiday season♥