Saturday, November 29, 2008

You Go Guy!!!

Every now and then I really do have to commend Big Daddy. Ever since our first son was born 14 yrs ago, every Saturday morning, except for baseball season when the kids play, he has taken them to Lowe's or Home Depot or both, and then to breakfast. Each time we've had a child, as soon as I would let him, usually when the new baby was around 3 months, they would all trudge on off, early Saturday morning. Now Big Daddy and the boys have always been early risers, the Girl and I like to sleep late. So it's only been within the past 6 months that she has gone with them. But it's tradition and she now jumps right up on Saturday to go with her daddy and brothers.
But, Big Daddy's newest tradition takes the cake! He actually gets the kids up and takes them shopping on Black Friday, yes Black Friday. Now, he doesn't take them everywhere and it's not to shop for Christmas since they buy stuff for themselves, but he does it. My BFF and I have for yrs gone shopping on black Friday. We've always left the kids with Big Daddy. Her kids are 10 yrs older then mine, so they've always been asleep when we got home. But my 2 oldest have always wanted to go. Well last year, there was something at Sears Big Daddy wanted and he was afraid we would be too late since we don't go until 7 or 7:30. So he packed up the kids, hit Sears, Lowe's and Home Depot and then took them to breakfast, came home for awhile and then took them to lunch at Krystal's. I thought it was a one time deal but no, this year he did the same. So hat's off to Big Daddy for his new Black Friday Kid's Shopping Expedition. I've been shopping with my 4 kids too many times and NOT in those circumstances, so hey Big Daddy, You're The Man!!

7 comments:

lmerie said...

definitely gets a hats off!

That is great tradition for them!

Cheers!

Jennifer said...

Wow that's great and I'm sure the kids love it! I hope they got some good bargains!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I think that is the sweetest tradition! What memories they will always have.

Heather said...

I have one question:

Do you rent him out by the hour?

'Cause that just rocks! What a great guy!

Amy B said...

Okay...I just had to tell you...I grew up in Warner Robins GA. I have spent Many of weekends at Ga games...I love the BullDogs and I can not stand GA Tech...

Oh can I borrow your DH? lol

Pretty Organizer said...

What great memories they'll have together! Your hubby must be a fountain of patience!

Hooray for a little quiet time at home too. I love sharing the yoke.

Cassandra said...

YAY for a good man!

Don't forget to send me your address so I can send you your prize! casperrose7@hotmail.com