Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Time

OK, waiting for 1:00 so I can get the 2 turkey breasts in the oven that I'm fixin' for church tonight. It's the last Wed before Thanksgiving break and it is my friend Tracy and my time to cook. So yes, 2 turkey breasts and corn for me. But then big daddy needed food for his work's eating today so I made a grits casserole (his request), thank you Paula Dean, this morning for that. Then next Tuesday our church is cooking for the food bank recipients and I'm cooking, yes once again, turkey (a big one this time) and corn!! Then Thursday is Thanksgiving for my husbands family here and I get the dressing, mac n cheese and big daddy will do the turkey, so at least it's something different! But I LOVE Thanksgiving cause I LOVE food and Family and Cooking! And we put up the tree on Thanksgiving and we can't wait!!!!!! But, it still isn't 1:00 yet, sigh!

6 comments:

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

It's well past one now

How are the Turkey's?

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Hi there...came by to say hi! You have a cute blog here. cherry

Heather said...

I am with you on this one. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! I had to work a 12 hour day shift on the holiday last year, which totally sucked. So this year, I am off, and we are celebrating with my family and my in laws together here. I can't wait!

Hope everything turns out perfect for you!

Rebecca Ingram Powell said...

Hey Jane!

Always makes me wonder why we don't spread this turkey-love throughout the year (besides having turkey sandwiches for lunch)!

Susie said...

It sounds like a GREAT time!!

Angie's Spot said...

You know, I could eat turkey and dressing every day of the year. It's my absolute favorite! And Jake is insisting that we put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving this year. It's a Christmas miracle!