Friday, November 7, 2008

Suck It Up!

Yesterday I was outside on the phone watching most of our kids play. W had the scooter out and was doing spins and wheelies (I didn't know a scooter could do wheelies either) on it. He lost control and came within 2 inches of hitting the Girl. Not a good thing with mama out there watching! So of course I commanded him to put it up and get inside, and of course in that 12 yr old way, he starts going on it wasn't his fault, (HELLO??) and on and on. I told him to stop, suck it up and get inside. Well, the girl at this point is in the driveway with a rake, I didn't know we had that many leaves falling... And with that lovely little sing-song voice you hear "Suck it up, Never give up" to the tune of one of the Yo Gabba Gabba show (Nick Jr.) songs. Then she started twirling and dancing with her rake singing the same 2 lines over and over. Well my friend Abbe could hear her singing and needless to say we were both rolling out of our chairs laughing. Once again I have to remind myself they will say EVERYTHING you say!!!

2 comments:

Dana (the Homesteading Housewife) said...

LOL I hear you! just wait till the "Mom!! He's copying me!!" game starts... fun fun fun... NOT

Angie's Spot said...

I'm often reminded of the "myna bird syndrome" in the car when I'm "talking" to other drivers. Big A has repeated a couple of my choice phrases at the most embarrasing times. Yikes.