Sunday, November 2, 2008

Me and Us

OK a little bit about me. I'm old, at least too old to have a 2 1/2 yr old without every now and then people asking if she's my granddaughter, yikes that really bites!! But I also have a 14 yr old son, D, a 12 yr old son, W, and a 6 AND A HALF yr old son, C. the there is the 2 1/2 yr old daughter, the girl. Guess you could say we got a late start, that is my husband "big daddy" and I, yes he hates the nickname. I've also had 3 miscarriages along the way so the girl was my 7th pregnancy. I can't imagine if she had been number 7 actually! I went to the doctor when I was 45 thinking I was in menapause and came out of the office 12 1/2 weeks pregnant. My, my, the conversation over the phone with big daddy that day! But I'll save that story for another time. I also homeschool our 3 boys and the girl thinks she is in school also. so I've got 8th gr. 6th gr. and 1st gr. going on 5 days a week. Yes, I am crazy. We have 4 dogs so each child has a buddy. I have done party plan direct sales since C was 4 months but I am winding that down cause I just can't keep up with school the kids activities and somewhere along the way I do cook, happily, and clean, unhappily. I was transplanted to Tn. from Georgia. Grew up in Athens, home of the Ga. bulldogs but am now a true Volunteer. We love sports around here, college football and baseball the most. I was always known as the epitome of the "boy mom" until the girl came along and the title went out the door! But with 3 older brothers she is tomboy except for shoes, jewelry and PINK!! My husband works hard at a job he loves for which I am very grateful. I worked at the local university in the financial aid office just until #2 W, was 6 months old. Then I was able to quit and stay home with the kids. I am also very involved with our church and am the new youth coordinator, which is kinda funny since I am so not organized enough for it! But we will get through it I'm sure. I am so happy I now have kids to take to all the concerts around here I want to go to, and my big kids are grateful they won't be the only ones going with me. I do love to embarrass then, I tell then it's my job. With boys it's easy, they just kinda shake their head and mutter under their breath. But living in boy land does pose it's own set of wonderment's. I can't tell you how many times I pick up the phone just to call big daddy to find out if what they are up to at the moment is dangerous. I never know when it involves electricity, motors and hanging younger brother from ropes around trees! They are so not me! But the girl I get, and love to hear big daddy ask "What's wrong with her?" just so I get the chance to look at him and go "She's a girl", PAYBACK!

3 comments:

Angie's Spot said...

Oh my, I'm just tired thinking about all the stuff on your plate. Now you've added Youth Coordinator?!?! Are you nuts? Just kiddin'. You need to come with Shannon & I the next time we blog summit in Atlanta. Check my blog on Tuesday of this week for the gory details of our fabulous fun in the ATL yesterday. It was AWESOME!

Shannon said...

Howdy, Jane! Welcome to the blogosphere!

Sheesh, as if you didn't already have enough going on... you add blogging to the mix?!?? HA! Oh, but its so much fun! And the people you "meet" are amazing!

Kat said...

I think I have just found someone crazier than me :-)

Thanks so much for posting about my contest - and yes...you must come to Atlanta for the next summit. Angie and Shannon can teach you the secret hand shake.