Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The 6 yr old, C


This one has always been my funniest but my hardest child. He is my youngest son and the 3rd out of 4 children. He KNOWS his own mind and doesn't care what anyone else says. Which can be a double-edged sword. I've always said it's a good thing he is being home schooled because he would be in the principals office weekly. He spent 1 yr at pre-school and luckily had an awesome younger teacher who "got" him. She understood his need to do things in "his" time. He has done a number of firsts that his older brothers did not do: cut his own hair, let his older brother cut his hair, respond to a teacher "my mother won't let me do that", let his brothers hoist him by ropes into BIG trees, physically fight a doctor trying to examine him, and the list goes on. Now I'm not saying my 2 older sons are beyond fault. In fact, my pediatrician told me when W was 2 months old that he would be my strong willed child and she was dead on. But I always say God was just preparing me for C when I had W. One of the most endearing qualities of C though, is his unique ability to not really care what anyone says about him (except big brothers) or to him. He will just happily go his own way. I watched him today skipping non too gracefully out the door to play. He is very tall and lanky so it was a bit comical. I smiled and thought about how these days will go so awfully fast. And it bought tears to my eyes that I never again will go through this stage with one of my boys. True, I will go through it with the girl but it will be different. It hurts that the "little boy" milestones are passing me by.

3 comments:

Susie said...

Kids are born to break your heart.

Becky said...

Awe! My "3 out of 4" is my most handful of a little boy too! I don't know what it is about that number!

(and we go to public school, and he DOES visit the principal often enough!!)

Angie's Spot said...

Aw, I feel that way with each milestone that Little A is hitting. They just grow up way too quickly.